Brutal Legend's Soundtrack Will Melt Your Face Off

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Brutal Legend's Soundtrack Will Melt Your Face Off

The full soundtrack to heavy-metal tribute Brutal Legend has been unveiled, and, says the game's music director, it'll "kick your f***ing teeth in."

It's no secret that we here at Chez Escape are rather looking forward to playing as Jack Bla - er, Eddie Riggs, running around a heavy metal fantasy world and making things explode with A.) a massive axe and B.) the power of rocking out. As one would expect, such an awesome game would deserve an equally awesome soundtrack. Well, Gamedaily has the complete setlist [http://www.gamedaily.com/games/brutal-legend/xbox-360/game-news/exclusive-brutal-legends-entire-soundtrack-revealed/8475/23724/], and metal fans should definitely be happy with what we've got.

A quick run down the list reveals names like Anthrax, Black Sabbath, Dethklok, Dragonforce, Judas Priest, Kiss, Megadeath, Motley Crue, Motorhead, Ozzy Osbourne, and unsurprisingly - given the star of the game - Tenacious D. And that's just some of them.

"This soundtrack took years to put together as we wanted to represent every genre of Metal, and also have the perfect music for every epic moment in the game," says Brutal Legend mastermind Tim Schafer. "It's designed to be loved by Metal fans, and for those who are not, it will either convert them or make their heads explode ... or both."

The game's music director, Emily Ridgeway, sums it up more succintly: "It's metal. It's the best. It'll kick your f***ing teeth in."

Brutal Legend will hit shelves on Rocktober 13th for the Xbox 360 and PS3.

dark_taint92

That's Cap'n Taint to you
Jan 26, 2009
i thought this game looked awesoem anyway running around with a flying v straped to your back with a battle axe but god damn there some hot music i love all of them :D so i think this game is a must buy :D

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
Everything on there except Dragonforce gets my seal of approval. Can't stand that song, they could've at least picked something better if they were to go with Dragonforce.

And so, the flamefest begun.

Anyway, I was suprised to see Children of Bodom's Angels Don't Kill. It'll be interesting to see how they fit that in.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
sturryz said:
No Iron Maiden? WTF?!
I agree, maybe it was a license issue. I was a bit on the fence about this game, but seeing the track list makes me want to see how all this music is going to be intergrated into the game.

Brnin8

Jul 17, 2009
sturryz said:
No Iron Maiden? WTF?!
Monshroud said:
I agree, maybe it was a license issue. I was a bit on the fence about this game, but seeing the track list makes me want to see how all this music is going to be intergrated into the game.
Maybe but the main character's name is in homage to Eddie

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
JimmyBassatti said:
Hopefully Activision doesn't rape the game with lawsuits and such. But damn it, Tenacious D and Dethklok? I thought I might actually enjoy this game... Guess not :p
What gamer are you that just something like that is a game killer? I mean, if it is majority of it (being a metal themed game) ok, but they have said how you can tailor it to what you want (within metal obviously)

sturryz

Nov 17, 2007
Brnin8 said:
post="7.130145.2841573"]
sturryz said:
No Iron Maiden? WTF?!
Maybe but the main character's name is in homage to Eddie[/quote]

All the more reason the be mad, you can reference Iron Maiden but you can't include their music?

Atleast Black Sabbath and Judas Priest are there, not having them is unforgivable.

And WTF no Metallica? If you make a Metal Game, not having Master Of Puppets or Iron Man in it is a FAIL move.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
The presence of Dragonforce on that list disheartens me, but other than that I have no issues with it. I wouldn't mind seeing Iron Maiden or other bands on it, but I'm betting a license issue over anything.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Oh FUCK yes....

Got some good tracks, even some power metal, which I though Tim wasn't too keen on, I guess they really did get all metal.

I just hope the soundtrack is different in multiplayer for each faction. xD I mean, each army is meant to represent metal in all it's different ways.

But I know I'll be head banging as some Judas Priest comes on, running down Demons to painkiller, so appropriate. xD

I'm also sure my torrenting will go up after Rocktober. xD