Anime Review: Heroic Age, Part 2

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
Anime Review: Heroic Age, Part 2

Heroic Age's second verse, the same as the first. Unfortunately.

Read Full Article

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
Onmi said:
yeah see if your a mecha nut like me you looked past all that because "Giant Robots COOL!" but I get what this review is saying, it doesn't help that every fucking character in Heroic Age, Gundam SEED (Destiny) and Fafner of the Azure HAVE THE SAME FUCKING FACE MALE AND FEMALE!
I can't really argue that. They do tend to mostly look the same, with the exception of one or two characters. They all also appear to lack noses. I decided not to dwell on that for the purposes of my review though. There were plenty of other points to go after.

Milkman Dan

Sep 11, 2008
I didn't understand the end either, beyond "lol physics." If someone more clever than I could step forward and explain it to me, I would welcome it.

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
I do agree that this series was lacking. But in it's defense, I got immense satisfaction watching those princes taking it in the ass. Not much I know, but damn it felt good.

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
Silk_Sk said:
I do agree that this series was lacking. But in it's defense, I got immense satisfaction watching those princes taking it in the ass. Not much I know, but damn it felt good.
I was almost inclined to agree at one point in the series until they came back alive. If they'd died, I would have been a lot happier.

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
RollForInitiative said:
Silk_Sk said:
I was almost inclined to agree at one point in the series until they came back alive. If they'd died, I would have been a lot happier.
Please, where's the fun in gloating if the gloatees aren't around to feel the pain?

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
Silk_Sk said:
Please, where's the fun in gloating if the gloatees aren't around to feel the pain?
If you really think about it, they never actually received "the pain," so to speak. In the wake of everything they just found new ways to latch onto their sister's position to improve their own and it was just laughed off as "them doing what they always do." I guess everybody forgot that their incompetent command was directly responsible for the deaths of thousands of soldiers. Further proof that the other ships were nothing more than flying meatlockers. Nobody cared.

I'd much rather have lumped them in with those corpses.

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
RollForInitiative said:
Silk_Sk said:
If you really think about it, they never actually received "the pain," so to speak. In the wake of everything they just found new ways to latch onto their sister's position to improve their own and it was just laughed off as "them doing what they always do." I guess everybody forgot that their incompetent command was directly responsible for the deaths of thousands of soldiers. Further proof that the other ships were nothing more than flying meatlockers. Nobody cared.

I'd much rather have lumped them in with those corpses.
Some planets exploded...

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
I dunno.... I have far more annoying train wrecks like Macross frontier, Gundam seed even Zenipain is mehy, Heroic age is on a different level its not romance driven so theres no cheapish childishness there the plot/story is rather simple and well handled IMO so for me I would recommend it to any anime fan.