Lionhead's Teaser Site Now Has Robespierre

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Lionhead's Teaser Site Now Has Robespierre

Yesterday, Lionhead's site teased gamers with South American revolutionary Che Guevara. Today, we get Maximilien Robespierre, infamous leader of the French Revolution and the Reign of Terror.

So I guess Lionhead isn't working on a Maximilien Robespierre [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93854-Lionhead-Puts-Up-Che-Guevara-Splash-Page], who is perhaps best known for sending lots and lots of people to "Madame Guillotine" before ending up with his neck on the wrong end of the blade himself.

There's a new quote to go along with it, too: "Terror is only justice: promt[sic], severe and inflexible; it is then an emanation of virtue; it is less a distinct principle than a natural consequence of the general principle of democracy, applied to the most pressing wants of the country."

Che was #6, Robespierre is now #5, so this does indeed seem to be leading up to a Wednesday morning announcement at Gamescom of some sort. Given the theme thus far - famous revolutionaries - it seems like it's going to be ... well, okay, I have no idea what it's going to be. It could be a game about famous revolutions through world history. Or it could be Peter Molyneux promising something "revolutionary" (you know, just to change things up for once).

I guess we'll just have to wait and see for now.

GodsOneMistake

Jan 31, 2009
Fable III? The moral options really make think thats its going that way..... But, I'm not holding my breath just yet

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
See NoMoreSanity! I told you that in fable 3 the empire was going to be overthrown (go play the see the future DLC to have that statement make sense).

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
Whatever this is leading up to, I think we can all guess how its going to play out... The announcement will come, people will oh and ah, whatever Peter's doing no will get hyped and over promised, and the end product will still probably be good, just not as good as everyone had hoped.

honestly, we've all been here before .-.

Spaceman_Spiff said:
This is probably the second most pretentious marketing campaign ever!
if this is the second, whats the first?

Highlandheadbanger

Jan 8, 2009
Aw, I was kinda hoping for a Che Guevera game, haven't been any save Guerilla War for the Nes (unless you count the Red Faction series).

Spaceman_Spiff

Apr 16, 2009
GamerLuck said:
Spaceman_Spiff said:
When the Ps2 came out there was a talking duck in a suit that said "Welcome to the third Place....". That or the 3 mobile phone company ad where this Chinese girls cherry sings "If you leave me now" by Chicago.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Robespierre...from what I remember from my history classes, he was the young, prominent leader of the Revolution, until he eventually went what's referred to in the medical industry as batshit bonkers, and began chopping suspected 'insurrectionist's' heads off one by one, until he was overthrown, and he got the same treatment.

...Interesting. Could this be Fable 3? Fable hasn't really delved in modern, real-world history all that much other than the basics, so could this be something else?

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Fable and Assassins Creed, merged. Gah, if only.

I be hoping it's Fable III. After all, I love mah Fable.

Dudeakoff

Jul 22, 2009
Spaceman_Spiff said:
GamerLuck said:
Spaceman_Spiff said:
When the Ps2 came out there was a talking duck in a suit that said "Welcome to the third Place....". That or the 3 mobile phone company ad where this Chinese girls cherry sings "If you leave me now" by Chicago.
What about the Gears of War 2 ad campaign with "Mad World" playing in the background? Made Gears seem all emotion-filled and deep.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Its a nice quote from the man and all, but he was still an insane Son of a gun, can we kill him as well as che?

Maybe its a time traveling Gang of Crime solvers, with the Che, Robespierre, someothers, and maybe licoln

MajoraPersona

Aug 4, 2009
Maybe it'll be a game about dictatorship. Choose one of six famous dictators and send your people to their deaths against others. There's also an RPG mode where you fight against said dictator's armies in a single-player version of the game.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
It's a Fable push, either new DLC or Fable 3. They're illustrating all sides of morality, probably.

Lionhead remains a one trick pony that can't do it's one trick right.

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
so who is going to be number one Diktaatorrr?

Hitler or Stalin?

"Lionhead remains a one trick pony that can't do it's one trick right."

Great! :D

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
Hello Lionhead, ah we meet again...and whats this? your having a countdown are you? ohhh how exciting! now, if youll recall, theres a limey man in your company going by the name of Peter. now, Im not sure what orphanarium for the excessive lying you picked Peter up from as a child, but if his bald head pops up tommorow telling me how amazing this new game is, well...lets just say your Lion wont have a head. >:)

ZonerZ

Aug 27, 2008
not another fable... one was epic, two was disappointing, and my heart won't be able to handle the next if it isn't every bit as good as the f1rst.