The Week in Review

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Week in Review

News is coming! Flee the city!

3 Won't Be On The 3
Picture the scene, Algalon the Observer lies dead at my feet, I lift my epic axe above my head and roar a battle cry. Damned cool stuff, but do you know what would make it cooler? Being a werewolf! Rumors are circulating that suggest that the Worgen will be the new Alliance race in the next World of Warcraft expansion. The Horde, on the other hand, are supposed to be getting Goblins, which is less cool, but finally gives the faction a race to make short jokes about.

Are the rumors true? Find out when we report from BlizzCon! (link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93775-Rumor-New-WoW-Cataclysm-Playable-Races-Leaked])

Pigeon_Grenade

May 29, 2008
the guy burned his House down in a Attempt to kill himself cause his mother threw away a model collection, um.. wow.. sounds like he failed since 'attempt' was used. but i may be wrong.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
[HEADING=1]WHAT!?[/HEADING]

Episode 3 isn't comming on the PS3?! WHAT THE FUCK is up with that?! Sorry to sound like an angry fanboy but thats just stupid!

I urge 360 owners to boycott Valve until they give PS3 owners a fair treatment as well! This is an outrage!

...Its not gona happen, is it...

*sigh* oh wells, it was worth a try...

Still, this has made me seriously reconsider replacing my currently broken PS3... Should I get a 360, purely for Episode 3? Oh great, more decisions to make..

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
I don't blame Valve for ignoring the PS3; I've heard that it's ridiculously complicated to program for!

[small]...plus, I have a small Gabe Newell shrine which I worship in my closet...but there's nothing wrong with that...[/small]

Apr 28, 2008
I still can't believe how stiff Australia is.

Really, banning a game because of fake drugs?!

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
I don't blame Valve for ignoring the PS3; I've heard that it's ridiculously complicated to program for!

[small]...plus, I have a small Gabe Newell shrine which I worship in my closet...but there's nothing wrong with that...[/small]
I'll say this as many times as I have to, the Ps3 is not "difficult" to program for it's just "different". VALVe is a PC developer, not a console developer, I doubt they have an easy time programing for the 360 even. The PS3 is completely different from a PC, what with different things to program for n' all. VALVe can't expect to become gods of programing on the PS3 overnight and neither should we expect them to. They have done next to nothing with the PS3 itself, it's understandable that they would have some struggle with something new. Different things tend to bring Difficult with them.

And I also hate how he says "Episode 3 will probably not go to PS3, most likely." Stop with the probably already, you said that with L4D where "If L4D sells well, we might consider porting it to PS3" which it did, duh. Just say "no, we're not developing it for PS3" and if it turns out your lied and you were, hooplah! Developers do that all the time!

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
I actually agree with Gabe, Sony are a bunch of dicks in the customer support section. I've heard "Our product doesn't have any problems" from customer support when my blu-ray took a dump... and it was still under warranty.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
Boo freaking hoo.

The Orange Box minimum specs are ABSURDLY low, and one could expect the same will be true for Episode 3. If you can open more than 3 instances of NotePad, you should be able to play a Valve game on medium settings.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Onmi said:
Simalacrum said:

Episode 3 isn't comming on the PS3?! WHAT THE FUCK is up with that?! Sorry to sound like an angry fanboy but thats just stupid!

I urge 360 owners to boycott Valve until they give PS3 owners a fair treatment as well! This is an outrage!

Still, this has made me seriously reconsider replacing my currently broken PS3... Should I get a 360, purely for Episode 3? Oh great, more decisions to make..
You know that PC your posting from, with a bit of an upgrade you can probably play it. Besides who cares if it doesn't come out that will be like 5 years from now.
...[sub]its a Macbook...[/sub]

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
Simalacrum said:
Onmi said:
Simalacrum said:

You know that PC your posting from, with a bit of an upgrade you can probably play it. Besides who cares if it doesn't come out that will be like 5 years from now.
lol, expensive paperweight.

electric_warrior

Oct 5, 2008
this week, the american right started throwing words like "evil" and "orwellian" about.
To what were they referring? that's right the NHS, that bastion of communist supression.

good grief, it actually makes me quite sad sometimes.

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
Onmi said:
Simalacrum said:

You know that PC your posting from, with a bit of an upgrade you can probably play it.
LOL, why bother buying for the 360/PS3 anyway buying it for the PC is the way to go. THINK OF ALL THE MODS!

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
Simalacrum said:
Onmi said:
Simalacrum said:

I know your pain. If it's a newer high-end MBPro I would consider Bootcamp (Link [http://www.apple.com/macosx/what-is-macosx/compatibility.html]), which would allow you to run Vista or XP.