EA Brings Red Alert 3 Commander's Challenge to Consoles

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
EA Brings Red Alert 3 Commander's Challenge to Consoles

EA is bringing the previously PC-only and Ric-Flair-filled Red Alert 3: Commander's Challenge content to PS3 and 360 this fall as a value-priced downloadable standalone game.

If you're looking for a cheap way to experience the madness that is Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 on consoles and also happen to love past-their-prime pro wrestlers, man, have I got good news for you. EA is bringing Red Alert 3 Commander's Challenge to the PS3 and 360 this fall, and it's packed full of ridiculous RTS action and everyone's favorite grey-haired pro wrestling champion, Ric "The Nature Boy" Flair.

This isn't an add-on to Red Alert 3 or some kind of DLC - Commander's Challenge is a standalone Red Alert 3 experience. It features 50 different challenges that set you against nine different commanders, each challenge having a different ridiculous scenario that confronts players with "everything from giant Soviet war bears and an entire army of psionic Japanese school girls to massive satellite orbital bombardments." As you complete challenges you unlock units, technology and more content.

Sounds kinda like an abbreviated version of the full-on Red Alert 3 experience with its campaign and multiplayer modes, and for that it's got an abbreviated price as well. "Commander's Challenge delivers the ultimate RTS gameplay experience console players have been craving," EA Los Angeles' Wes Eckhart said. "Delivering over thirty hours of RTS entertainment, it is an incredible value at less than $10."

That translates to 800 Microsoft Points and $9.99 on the PlayStation Store, in case you were wondering.

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
Mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I'm annoyed that they've done this after saying they were never going to release this update on consoles. But then again, it's not the full update which extended the campaign. But is it enough to make me buy back red alert 3? Nope.

Quick question though, would this update include the new units, like the desolator and motar cycle, as well? Or is that not included with this update?

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

>___> I would buy Red Alert just to get yelled at by Flair.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
If it's got the old controls of C&C3 I'd buy, otherwise, it'll take more than a pro-wrestler to make me play.

hansari

May 31, 2009
TheTygerfire said:
"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

>___> I would buy Red Alert just to get yelled at by Flair.
Gah, why does C&C have this strange power over me...

Oh and, KAAAANE!

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
10 bucks for a small amount of copy pasta'ed maps from the regular game that are essentially all skirmishes with one line of voice acting for each? Topped off with the horrible controls that plagued all attempts to port cnc to consoles? If anybody buys this we have clinical evidence that they are in fact, retarded.