Lionhead's Revolutionaries: Abe Lincoln, Aristotle, Emma Goldman

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Lionhead's Revolutionaries: Abe Lincoln, Aristotle, Emma Goldman

Lionhead's "revolutionaries" countdown site continued over the weekend, with Abe Lincoln, Aristotle, and - today's revolutionary of choice - Emma Goldman.

Maximilien Robespierre [http://www.lionhead.com/] as #5. Now, over the weekend, the site went through #4, #3, and #2:

Numero Quatro was good ol' "Honest" Abe Lincoln [http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/15/lionheads-third-gamescom-teaser-is-abraham-lincoln/] - an odd choice, to be sure, since he wasn't known so much for instigating a revolution as he was for suppressing one. Quoteth Lincoln: "Be not deceived. Revolutions do not go backward."

Number Three was famous Greek philosopher revolutionary [http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/16/aristotle-is-lionheads-fourth-gamescom-teaser/]. Aristotle was the tutor of famed conqueror Alexander the Great, and his quote reflects this: "He who is to be a good ruler, must have first been ruled."

Today's revolutionary - Number Two, for those of you keeping track at home - is certainly fits the bill [http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/17/emma-goldman-is-fifth-lionhead-gamescom-teaser/], as a prominent figure in the anarchist movement in the early 1900s. "If I can't dance, I don't want to be in your revolution."

We're left wondering who will be tomorrow's #1 revolutionary (my money is on either Lenin or the big J.Christ, depending on how pretentious Molyneux feels like getting), as well as "what the hell this is all counting down to?" Members of our community have guessed Fable 3, but announcing a sequel is hardly revolutionary, even by Lionhead's standards. Project Milo would have fit, if we hadn't seen it at E3.

I guess we'll just have to wait and find out Wednesday at GamesCom.

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
i have really been trying not to get interested in this, but failed miserably... I REALLY want to know what the hell Peter is up to....

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Sightless Wisdom said:
Knowing Molyneux, it will be dissapointing, but I'm intreagued nonetheless.
#1 Will be Molyneux himself, and we will all stick our tongues out in disgust.

Nomad

Dire Penguin
Aug 3, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
We're left wondering who will be tomorrow's #1 revolutionary (my money is on either Lenin or the big J.Christ, depending on how pretentious Molyneux feels like getting
My bet on the #1 revolutionary, or possibly the #0 (?) would be Peter Molyneux himself.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
maybe he is planning on making "famous people involved in revolution-ish things beat each other to death" the game?

maybe not...

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Sightless Wisdom said:
Knowing Molyneux, it will be dissapointing, but I'm intreagued nonetheless.
#1 Will be Molyneux himself, and we will all stick our tongues out in disgust.
This is what I thought at first too, but come on, he can't be that much or a narccisist, can he?

Can he?

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
We're left wondering who will be tomorrow's #1 revolutionary (my money is on either Lenin or the big J.Christ, depending on how pretentious Molyneux feels like getting),
Maybe for ultimate pretentiosness, No.1 might be Peter Molyneux himself, posed like Auguste Rodin's The Thinker [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_thinker].

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Wait, I get it now...

The #1 Revolutionary is going to be...

The Player, You... take your pick.

The game will revolve around revolutions of some sort and changing the political landscape on a personal level will be one of the major elements of the game. Mark my words.

Concon141

May 12, 2009
My guess, Fable 3 will be based around some sort of revolution and you are the #1
It will involve something revolutionary knowing molyneux... Like a real dog!

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Nomadic said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
We're left wondering who will be tomorrow's #1 revolutionary (my money is on either Lenin or the big J.Christ, depending on how pretentious Molyneux feels like getting
My bet on the #1 revolutionary, or possibly the #0 (?) would be Peter Molyneux himself.
Oh, didn't think of that one...

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Concon141 said:
My guess, Fable 3 will be based around some sort of revolution and you are the #1
You could be onto something there...

I heard that Fable 3 will be a prequel, set before the events of Fable, around about the time of the establishment of the Hero's Guild or even before that.

The revolution could be when the Heroes revolted against the increasing corrupt Archon bloodline, and established the Heroes guild to protect the people of Albion.

Concon141

May 12, 2009
Jamash said:
Concon141 said:
You could be onto something there...

I heard that Fable 3 will be a prequel, set before the events of Fable, around about the time of the establishment of the Hero's Guild or even before that.

The revolution could be when the Heroes revolted against the increasing corrupt Archon bloodline, and established the Heroes guild to protect the people of Albion.
Good deduction there, If molyneux was reading this right now...
"Nooo, My plan is foiled! I'm going to go complain to milo now...."

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Concon141 said:
It will involve something revolutionary knowing molyneux... Like a real dog!
This bloke seems to think what I do.

Fable III, with a revolution based storyline.