Brütal Legend Demo Coming in September

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Brütal Legend Demo Coming in September

Brütal Legend fans will be able to get a head start on the headbangin' as EA [http://www.doublefine.com/] have announced that a demo for the upcoming heavy metal action game will be released in September.

It hasn't been the smoothest ride for Brütal Legend, the hard-rockin' action-adventure game from Tim Schafer's Double Fine Productions. Publishing deals fell through and cut from the game [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/87098-Activision-Blocking-Br-tal-Legend-Deal] (albeit for Tim Curry, so we'll call that one a wash). But there's light at the end of the tunnel and it's closer than you might think: The game won't launch until October but a playable demo is coming next month.

"We just couldn't wait," Schafer said. "Villagers have surrounded our offices with torches, demanding the game. So we're releasing a demo and hope that this taste of metal will keep the mob at bay until Brütal Legend comes out this Rocktober."

The Brütal Legend demo will be available via Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network beginning September 17, while the full game hits shelves on October 13 in North America and October 16 in Europe.

bladeofdarkness

Aug 6, 2009
while i dont doubt the game would be awesome
i am concerned about the hype it gets
hype tends to swell expectations beyond the point where a game can live up to it
psychonouts was almost unexpected, and so the awesome level of it was a complete surprise
this game on the other hand is being billed as the next psychonouts
and so would have to live up to incredible expectations
i hope it could live up to them

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
DaxStrife said:
Bah. Still waiting for the PC demo. :-(
Aye same here. I mean Tim put Psychonauts on the PC. I just hope he will decide to do it with this.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
woo! i want now!

bladeofdarkness said:
hype tends to swell expectations beyond the point where a game can live up to it
psychonouts was almost unexpected, and so the awesome level of it was a complete surprise
i find this happens with alot of games and so i dont go with the hype, normally going with my own or close friends hype...but that usually leads to gettign excited about a really bad game and everyone laughs at you for it...

pays off to ignore the rest fo the world sometimes tho :p

AgentNein

Jun 14, 2008
bladeofdarkness said:
Actually Psychonauts was pretty hotly anticipated, albiet by a small but loyal group. Schafer already had some big fans from his Lucasarts days. I don't expect anything from the game but for it to be a Schafer product, and with that I know it'll be awesome.

ckeymel

Jun 24, 2008
*raises her goblet of rock to the heavy metal gods and lets out a shriek that shrivels the ears of Satan himself*

Can't wait!

Talendra

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Jan 26, 2009
This is a good sign, you rarely get a demo for a shitty game. Can't wait to try it and see if it's worth my moneys.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
\m/

I can't wait for Rocktober, so this demo will probably end up in my hands soon after it comes out. (Though I suspect it'll go idle soon after, given that ODST comes out the next week. Truly it's going to be a good month for my Xbox.)

-- Steve

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
Hell yes can`t wait ,might just buy it on release anyway seeing as this and arkham asylum are the only interesting games i`ve seen for the holiday season (well them and scribblenauts)

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Good, because that will be how I decide if I buy it or not. You better make a good first impression!

As the last living fan of Jack Black, I hereby give one big thumbs up to Double Fine and say "Good work, soldier" as it quickly cuts to black and the directors name appears on the screen.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Thank God. I don't like rock much, but its still an amazing looking game. Can't wait to see if it delivers