Muramasa: The Demon Blade As Gorgeous As Ever In New Trailers

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Muramasa: The Demon Blade As Gorgeous As Ever In New Trailers

Two new trailers have surfaced for upcoming 2-D slash em' up Muramasa: The Demon Blade proving that the game is quite possibly the prettiest thing the Wii has seen to date.

The first clip, titled "Muramasa: The Demon Blade Locations Trailer" depicts pretty much exactly what you'd expect based on its name: The game's various hand drawn locales. They remind me of what Don Bluth might have produced had he grown up in Tokugawa period Japan and wasn't so enamored with cartoons that terrify a generation of kids [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084649/].

The second clip is a profile of the game's female protagonist Momohime. It does of good job of not only demonstrating the insanely huge bosses present in the title, but also of portraying the titular heroine as the sort of girl you could bring home to mom (assuming mom was a demon in need of a beheading).

Muramasa: The Demon Blade is scheduled for release on the Wii on September 8.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
I don't know... I'm more imressed with that Elysian Tales game you guys reported on a week or so back. I think that looked and sounded better.

Still, fairly cool.

Woem

May 28, 2009
The game does indeed look impressive and I like the style, but I wonder how you control your character with the Wiimote? I hope you're not supposed to be constantly flashing it around?

Disembodied_Dave

The Could-Have-Been-King
Feb 5, 2009
Well the graphics are certainly pretty and I'm glad people are still interested in making 2D platformers, but the game play looks kinda generic. All beat'em'up?

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
Woem said:
The game does indeed look impressive and I like the style, but I wonder how you control your character with the Wiimote? I hope you're not supposed to be constantly flashing it around?
The game gives you the option to use the Classic Controller, as motion controls isn't really needed for a game like this.

And I'm glad to see more games like this on the Wii. Yes, it doesn't use motion controls, but if it's still great fun and not just another lame minigame collection, then who really cares?

Definitely checking this out when it lands in America.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Wow, it certainly looks pretty. I admire this game for at least trying to subvert the stereotype of 'All-Wii-games-are-bad-or-mediocre-looking.'

If I had a Wii myself, I might give this game a try, but alas, the 360's the only gaming console I have.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Second trailer seems like Vanillaware is upping their "huge boss" ante from Odin Sphere (You scaled a World-Destroying dragon in there).

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Wow, with so little information coming out about this game, I'm surprised to see it's so close to release. I'm giving this a shot. I wasn't too happy with Odin Sphere, but this one looks promising.

Echolocating

Jul 13, 2006
RougeWaveform said:
Well the graphics are certainly pretty and I'm glad people are still interested in making 2D platformers, but the game play looks kinda generic. All beat'em'up?
Yeah, I can't justify buying a pretty game if there is no substance behind it. Looks like the most beautiful and boring game I've ever seen. If they tossed in some interesting RPG elements, it might save this title, like a Faxanadu on steroids, but I'm thinking I might pass on this one unless it's more than a mindless button masher.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
It looks good. But remember with the Conduit. It looked great but not the best in the end. So I'm on my toes for this one. (but I hope it's good)