2009 The Beatles: Rock Band DLC Schedule Announced

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
2009 The Beatles: Rock Band DLC Schedule Announced

Harmonix, creator of the Rock Band series, issued a press release this morning detailing this year's full downloadable content schedule for the soon-to-be-released The Beatles: Rock Band.

Though The Beatles: Rock Band will include 45 songs when it lands on retail shelves on September 9, the game will also see three albums from the band released as downloadable content packs over the following three months. Each album will set you back $17 (1360 Microsoft points for Xbox 360 owners), though individual tracks can also be purchased for $2 (160 Microsoft points).

Here's the rundown, straight from Harmonix's press release:

Abbey Road (1969) - Release Date: October 20, 2009:

* "Come Together"
* "Something"
* "Maxwell's Silver Hammer"
* "Oh! Darling"
* "Octopus's Garden"
* "I Want You (She's So Heavy)"
* "Here Comes The Sun"
* "Because"
* "You Never Give Me Your Money"
* "Sun King"
* "Mean Mr. Mustard"
* "Polythene Pam"
* "She Came In Through The Bathroom Window"
* "Golden Slumbers"
* "Carry That Weight"
* "The End"
* "Her Majesty"

In addition, purchasers of the full album download of Abbey Road will have the option to play the famous 16-minute B-side medley as a single continuous track. The medley includes "You Never Give Me Your Money," "Sun King," "Mean Mr. Mustard," "Polythene Pam," "She Came In Through The Bathroom Window," "Golden Slumbers," "Carry That Weight" and "The End."

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967) - Release Date: November 2009:

* "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
* "With A Little Help From My Friends"
* "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"
* "Getting Better"
* "Fixing A Hole"
* "She's Leaving Home"
* "Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite"
* "Within You Without You
* "When I'm Sixty Four"
* "Lovely Rita"
* "Good Morning Good Morning"
* "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)"
* "A Day In The Life"

Rubber Soul (1965) - Release Date: December 2009:

* "Drive My Car"
* "Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)"
* "You Won't See Me"
* "Nowhere Man"
* "Think For Yourself"
* "The Word"
* "Michelle"
* "What Goes On"
* "Girl"
* "I'm Looking Through You"
* "In My Life"
* "Wait"
* "If I Needed Someone"
* "Run For Your Life"

Presumably 2010 will bring further albums from the Liverpudlian quartet though Harmonix has yet to offer any hints of what tracks might appear.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
wow they've got a real worked out plan for how to squeeze this cash cow for every penny. Least they're telling their victims what they plan to do to their wallets in advance, I suppose.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I am seriously considering getting the Beatles: Rock Band. The tunes are near perfect to jam to.

The only problem is the money to squander in paying for all of the instruments....

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Jumplion said:
The only problem is the money to squander in paying for all of the instruments....
GAHH! WHERE DID ALL MY MONEY GO! I'VE BEEN ROBBED!!

Oh wait, now I remember I preordered the collectors edition of that silly Beatles game...

Damn you Harmonix, and your elaborate money grabbing schemes! You think that just by offering something this awesome, people will jump through hoops to buy your game?! Well it looks like you succeeded! Happy now?!

I'm so lonely...