PC Version Of Battlefield 1943 Delayed To 2010

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
PC Version Of Battlefield 1943 Delayed To 2010

Bad news for gamers who grew up on the Battlefield seriers, but didn't spring for a console for the recent Battlefield 1943: The PC version of the game has been delayed to next year.

By way of explanation, BF1943 producer Gordon Van Dyke told G4 the following [http://g4tv.com/games/pc/61826/battlefield-1943/articles/68199/Developer-Follow-Up-Battlefield-1943/]:

We haven't released a Frostbite [DICE's game engine] built game on PC, so going into this project we lacked a starting foundation we had on Console. There are also many different and unique only challenges to the PC that has lead to us pushing the release even further to Q1 CY 2010 [early next year]. This was a hard pill to swallow, but it was absolutely needed to ensure the features and functionality that PC Players have come to expect from Battlefield on PC are not missing. Things like support for DirectX 9 and 10, higher player count (up to 32-player matches), wide peripheral support i.e. Joysticks for flying, VoIP, and ranked server provider hosting. So it was and still is the absolutely right decision, for quality sake, to not release until it is ready.

Van Dyke has a point. Not releasing the game until it lives up to some undefined level of quality is the right decision.

That probably won't quell the anger of all those PC gamers who believe EA abandoned them to focus on the more lucrative console side of the industry, though.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I'm not sure many PC gamers care to be honest.

Why pay good money for a few 32 player maps that already exist (and one new map) as 64 player maps on 1942, 2 and 2142. Not to mention mods. You can already run the gamut of World war 2 to sci-fi future with more players and features, 1943 on PC seems like wasted energy to me.

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
I wasn't overly impressed with 1943 to begin with. It seemed very shallow and uninspired. I've been thinking of writing a review of it personally, but I fear the flame wall that awaits once I tell it as it is.

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
Sucks that it's getting delayed, but good to hear that the player count is being bumped to 32 players. A 24 player limit in a Battlefield game is unacceptable.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
So what, its now 67 years late?! Thats shocking.

[sub]This post was nominated for worst joke ever.[/sub]

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Darkness62 said:
Let the lowly console-tards have the early buggy release.
So what makes us console people so stupid?

OT: That stinks for PC gamers, but I hope they add some extra maps to make up for their wait.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
Darkness62 said:
Let the lowly console-tards have the early buggy release.
So what makes us console people so stupid?

OT: That stinks for PC gamers, but I hope they add some extra maps to make up for their wait.
he's grouping everyone who owns a console into one group that he defines as less intelligent than pc gamers

its borderline trolling, the way people do that nowadays, but meh

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Darkness62 said:
Sounds good to me, we as PC gamers expect more. Let the lowly console-tards have the early buggy release. Can't wait to see Battlefield 1943 in glorious DX10. XD
Reported for trolling. Anyway, can't wait to see what's in store

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Darkness62 said:
Sounds good to me, we as PC gamers expect more. Let the lowly console-tards have the early buggy release.
Hey, everyone look! It's a troll!

On a side note, I might wait out for the PC version instead of getting on the 360 now.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
Darkness62 said:
Sounds good to me, we as PC gamers expect more. Let the lowly console-tards have the early buggy release. Can't wait to see Battlefield 1943 in glorious DX10. XD
That word you're using, I do not think it means what you think it means.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Amnestic said:
Pendragon9 said:
Darkness62 said:
A blatant insult against a general group of people with the intent of getting them mad? I think it fits. Or do you have factual proof that console owners are retarded? I thought so.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
Amnestic said:
Pendragon9 said:
Darkness62 said:
A blatant insult against a general group of people with the intent of getting them mad? I think it fits. Or do you have factual proof that console owners are retarded? I thought so.
Ah, but do you know his intent? I thought not. Perhaps he's just being rude because he dislikes console players. In which case, it'd be flaming, not trolling.

People toss the world "Troll" around far too much these days. Mostly when people disagree with them.

Joeshie

Oct 9, 2007
Why in the world would I want to play the inferior version of BF1942? Once they announced that the game wasn't 64 players, had only three classes, and had infinite ammo, I pretty much lost interest.

Give me a true sequel to the Battlefield franchise, not all this console-focused rubbish.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Joeshie said:
Why in the world would I want to play the inferior version of BF1942? Once they announced that the game wasn't 64 players, had only three classes, and had infinite ammo, I pretty much lost interest.

Give me a true sequel to the Battlefield franchise, not all this console-focused rubbish.
This.
Console owners are labled as tards as most games have to be dumbed down so that they work correctly with the gamepad and its limitations.