DJ Hero Star Found Dead in Apartment

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
DJ Hero Star Found Dead in Apartment

DJ AM, who was set to appear as a player character in the upcoming game DJ Hero was found dead in his apartment on Friday.

Adam Goldstein, better known as DJ AM, was found dead in his New York apartment on Friday afternoon at the age of 36. Goldstein's history of drug abuse was well documented and lead to a failed suicide attempt in 1997. The exact cause of death has yet to be announced but reports say that prescription medication and a crack pipe were found in Goldstein's apartment. Paramedics found him shirtless and wearing sweatpants after breaking down the apartment door when friends were unable to reach him.

Goldstein will appear in DJ Hero, which is released on October 27th, as a playable character. Tim Riley, the Activision vice president of music affairs, issued a brief statement on word of Goldstein's death: "We are deeply saddened by the loss of DJ AM. We hope that his work on the game will be a fitting tribute to his creative spirit and musical talent."

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5348603/dj-heros-dj-am-found-dead-in-new-york?skyline=true&s=x]

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Seems to coincidental. Maybe spiking sales for the game? Fucking Activision!

Ah whatever, he's in a better place. I guess.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
yeah,I'm gonna go with "who?"

but in all seriousness,he did do the drugs apparently,so he new the consequences.he is dead,life moves on.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
TheNumber1Zero said:
yeah,I'm gonna go with "who?"

but in all seriousness,he did do the drugs apparently,so he new the consequences.he is dead,life moves on.
he was a below average DJ, then the drugs took hold and he became an average DJ, don't get me wrong he had the talent its just he wasn't that passionate about music since the drugs.

and on the celeBRATy death front I thought Amy Winehouse was dead, but according to friends, she's still alive and kicking, sucks though.... since she wont be releasing any good music from now on.

For there people its better that they die young, they get to be a martyr then, never growing old fat and talentless (see madonna)

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
buy teh haloz said:
Seems to coincidental. Maybe spiking sales for the game? Fucking Activision!

Ah whatever, he's in a better place. I guess.
I'd say conspiracy theorist... but it's activision they would nuke kitten land and make a kitten game just for 10 £50 sales... CURSE YOU BOB!

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
It's a conspiracy. Watch out, Bobby Kotick is coming in his Activision doom tank!

Or maybe it's just a coincidence (as always... suspicious).

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
i dont care. if he made techno music, im just happy we got another one of those pricks out of the world.

hansari

May 31, 2009
nilcypher said:
"We hope that his work on the game will be a fitting tribute to his creative spirit and musical talent."
So...does that mean a crack pipe will be available in the in-game store?

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
2008 was still THE year for Celebrity Death, though 2009 is catching up by shear volume.
Wha? Who died in 2008?

Really, once Billy Mays [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTpXh33Mbeg] dies, you know it's going to be a crappy year for celebrities.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
keep an eye on travis barker. if he dies next, then we know Final Destination is real.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Christemo said:
i dont care. if he made techno music, im just happy we got another one of those pricks out of the world.
I sign this with both hands.

I say this is the final proof God exists - and he's mad at you. LIKE ZOIDBERG!!! WAAAH!!!!