Okamiden Debut Trailer Shows Adorable Wolf-Goddess

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Okamiden Debut Trailer Shows Adorable Wolf-Goddess

Capcom has unveiled the first trailer for Okami DS sequel Okamiden in advance of the Tokyo Game Show, and one thing is for certain: Wolf-Goddess puppies are goddamn adorable.

It's no secret that we here at The Escapist are looking forward to Okamiden: Little Sun. Not only is it the sequel to a beloved last-generation cult hit in a snazzy portable form, but as this first glimpse at the game reveals, the protagonist Chibiterasu - a young wolf-goddess whose relation to Amaterasu, the goddess who was the main character of Okami is as of yet unknown - is cute as all hell.

I mean sure, we get a glimpse of gameplay, and it looks exactly like you'd expect from an Okami game on the DS (the stylus being a perfect fit for the paintbrush mechanic), but that doesn't really matter much. Nor does the fact that all the potentially-relevant text is in Japanese bother us much, either. Because awwww, lookit the baby god-in-wolf-form. How can you say no to that face?

Who's a good Chibiterasu? You are! Yes, you are! Good girl! ...or is it boy?

(Via MTV Multiplayer [http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/09/03/okamiden-debut-trailer-revealed/])

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
The little wolf goddess thingy is kinda cute. ^_^

Let's hope they make this better than the Wii port of the original Okami. For some reason that didn't go over as well, which frankly surprised me.

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
Looks pretty sweet. Never played Okami, so nothing to compare it to.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Mezzamine said:
...what.

I really don't know what to say. I think my brain just imploded.
The good kind of implosion?

OT: I really hope this game comes stateside, and that it's mechanic work wonders.
Oh, and hopefully it'll be just as good as Okami.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I've never played Okami, so I'll probably get this. I got Pokemon Platinum like 3 weeks ago so I don't care if it seems childish as long as the gameplay is good.

ghalkhsdkssakgh

Jul 16, 2009
Heart of Darkness said:
Mezzamine said:
...what.

OT: I really hope this game comes stateside, and that it's mechanic work wonders.
No. The 'Brain dribbling out of ears' bad kind of implosion.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Mezzamine said:
Heart of Darkness said:
Mezzamine said:
...what.

No. The 'Brain dribbling out of ears' bad kind of implosion.
Ah. As long as your brains stay off my shoes.

slycooper20

Dec 28, 2008
Dawwwwww, it's so cute.

But seriously, wonder who's developing this game? Could be Ready at Dawn. Kind of doubt that, though.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
I'm going to say what everyone else is saying or at least thinking: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
Anyway, looks promising. I just hope this ruins the series (the series of 2).
The game play looks nice and great 3D graphics... for the DS of course (no offense, DS).

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
/hugs the tiny wolf pup

aaaawwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee