The Beatles: Rock Band's Grand Finale Revealed

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
The Beatles: Rock Band's Grand Finale Revealed

Harmonix has revealed the final song for The Beatles: Rock Band, and though it might not be the one you were expecting or hoping for, it certainly is a fitting tune for "The End" of the game.

Mystery solved: the final, 45th song in The Beatles: Rock Band that MTV and Harmonix have been keeping super secret [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.131807] over the past couple weeks is not "Hey Jude" or "Let It Be," as some of you may have been hoping. Instead, it's a tune that should do well as a capstone for the end of the game, because, it is, literally, "The End."

The two-minute track was already confirmed for the game as part of the Abbey Road DLC album [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.131807], but had made no appearance on the tracklist proper. Well, it might not have the raucous ceremony of "Hey Jude," but it should definitely be a unique treat in the game. "The End" features each member of the band doing a solo, which no doubt will make it into the game version, so yes, drummers you will get a Ringo solo. Of course we can't forget the song also ends with one of Paul McCartney's most memorable lines: "And in the end, the love you take / Is equal to the love you make."

So then, that means the final songlist would go something like this:

Twist And Shout / Cavern Club
Do You Want To Know A Secret / Cavern Club
Can't Buy Me Love / Ed Sullivan Theater
I Wanna Be Your Man / Ed Sullivan Theater
Eight Days A Week / Shea Stadium
Paperback Writer / Budokan
And Your Bird Can Sing / Budokan
Yellow Submarine / Abbey Road Dreamscape
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band / Abbey Road Dreamscape
With a Little Help from My Friends / Abbey Road Dreamscape
Within You Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows / Abbey Road Dreamscape
Revolution / Abbey Road Dreamscape
Birthday / Abbey Road Dreamscape
Dig A Pony / Rooftop Concert
I've Got A Feeling / Rooftop Concert
Boys / Cavern Club
A Hard Day's Night / Ed Sullivan Theater
I'm Looking Through You / Shea Stadium
If I Needed Someone / Shea Stadium
Ticket to Ride / Shea Stadium
Drive My Car / Budokan
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds / Abbey Road Dreamscape
Getting Better / Abbey Road Dreamscape
Good Morning / Abbey Road Dreamscape
Hello, Goodbye / Abbey Road Dreamscape
Hey Bulldog / Abbey Road Dreamscape
Dear Prudence / Abbey Road Dreamscape
While My Guitar Gently Weeps / Abbey Road Dreamscape
Helter Skelter / Abbey Road Dreamscape
Something / Abbey Road Dreamscape
Come Together / Abbey Road Dreamscape
Don't Let Me Down / Rooftop Concert
I Want You (She's So Heavy) / Rooftop Concert
I Me Mine / Rooftop Concert
I Saw Her Standing There / Cavern Club
I Want To Hold Your Hand / Ed Sullivan Theater
I Feel Fine / Shea Stadium
Taxman / Budokan
Day Tripper / Budokan
Back In The USSR / Abbey Road Dreamscape
I Am The Walrus / Abbey Road Dreamscape
Octopus's Garden / Abbey Road Dreamscape
Here Comes The Sun / Abbey Road Dreamscape
Get Back / Rooftop Concert
The End

I'm not positive on what the locale will be for "The End," but it won't take very long for us all to find out, because The Beatles: Rock Band is out on September 9, otherwise known as tomorrow.

[Via Shacknews [http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/60357]]

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
I'm familiar with the song; if my memory serves me right, the song starts off with an interesting drum solo, continues with a guitar solo, and ends in a vocal harmony. In other words, if you could chose a song to end any Beatles game, this would have to be it.

I just hope they don't make us play it through the credits like they did with "Through the Fire and the Flames" in Guitar Hero 3.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Oh yeah, called it [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/7.131807.2924138]. Really looking forward to this, I'll definitely be playing tomorrow night.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Nice touch, not my favourite song. Would've preferred hey Jude (just to play not to end it)

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I'm debating whether or not to buy the Beatles Rock Band now. Since it's not backwards compatible with Rockband 1 or 2 songs, that really puts me off of it, and I really want to get Rockband eventually.

Virgil

Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Jumplion said:
I'm debating whether or not to buy the Beatles Rock Band now. Since it's not backwards compatible with Rockband 1 or 2 songs, that really puts me off of it, and I really want to get Rockband eventually.
If you're a fan of the Beatles, then it's pretty much a no-brainer. There's not going to be any other games where you can play their music, and I've heard that the mixes on the audio are among the best versions ever released. You can always pick up just the disc for Rock Band or Rock Band 2 once you have the instruments.

If you're not a big fan, and you don't already have Rock Band, then you probably don't want to drop $250 on the Beatles package just to start. Get a copy of Rock Band 2 cheaper instead, and you can always pick up just The Beatles Rock Band disc at some point in the future to give it a try (used, on sale, or whatever).

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Virgil said:
Jumplion said:
If you're a fan of the Beatles, then it's pretty much a no-brainer. There's not going to be any other games where you can play their music, and I've heard that the mixes on the audio are among the best versions ever released. You can always pick up just the disc for Rock Band or Rock Band 2 once you have the instruments.

If you're not a big fan, and you don't already have Rock Band, then you probably don't want to drop $250 on the Beatles package just to start. Get a copy of Rock Band 2 cheaper instead, and you can always pick up just The Beatles Rock Band disc at some point in the future to give it a try (used, on sale, or whatever).
Are the instruments with The Beatles RB better than the other instruments with RB2? That's also a concern of mine, RB1 didn't have a great guitar to strum with.

Virgil

Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
I just looked, and Rock Band 2 is $100 on Amazon, while the Beatles Rock Band is $250. At that price, even if you want the Beatles game you'd be better off to buy the RB2 kit and just the Beatles game IMO. I've been very happy with my RB2 guitar.

The instruments are probably slightly improved, but not by that much.