Disgaea, Other NIS Games Coming to PSN

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Disgaea, Other NIS Games Coming to PSN

Good news for fans of Nippon Ichi Software's quirky games: The company is bringing its back catalog of PSP titles to the downloadable PlayStation Network Store this October.

Titles explicitly covered in the company's announcement [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/09/disgaea-2-ships-today-other-classic-psp-titles-re-releasing/] include Disgaea, Blade Dancer, Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? and "more."

Even better, the week these games debut (October 1-7) they're all going to feature an impressive 50 percent discount, meaning each game will only set you back $5 to $13. Considering that NIS' games have long been known for containing hundreds of hours of gameplay, that's a hell of a lot of bang for your buck -- especially since the PSP versions of these games are often superior to their original PlayStation 2 iterations.

I'm all for the shift from disc-based games to downloadable content, and it's nice to see a company fully exploiting the almost non-existent distribution costs of the PlayStation Network to tap a segment of gamers who otherwise might miss lesser known, but fantastic games like Disgaea. Even if people find themselves turned off by the game's complexity, $5 is half the cost of a meal at a fast food joint, so they aren't losing much.

This-is-Hip-Hop

Feb 21, 2009
Will these games be just for PSP, or will they be avaliable for console Download as well? Either way, I plan on purchasing them, I loved the new Disgaea, and I would be quite pleased to play its predecesors.

-This-is-Hip-Hop

Eudaemonian

Executor
Jan 22, 2008
I'm getting the impression these are downloadable for the console as well (maybe just wishful thinking), and if so that's very exciting. I'm hoping they chose to re-release some of their games there were never PSP-released. I hit a rough patch and sold many of these gems, something I sorely regret now that I'm flush with cash and unable to find them again.

Durahan2

Mar 12, 2009
I have the old ps2 copy of Disgaea I think I'll settle with that. I'm not a big fan of RE-buying my games

Monocle Man

Apr 14, 2009
Does that include Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness? I've been looking for that game ever since I got a PSP and never found it.
Those prepaid PSN cards are supposed to be released in Europe the 18th of September now, aren't they? Sure hope so.

Ocelano

Apr 14, 2009
Arkhangelsk said:
I liked Disgaea, except for the embarrassing dialogue.
ahh the zombie level how did that go "he has the legs of a marathon runner the muscles of hercules and a horses penis" "a horses penis that sounds dangerous"
Ok I know I probably stuffed the quote but its been months since I did that level and you can't replay cutscenes without replaying the hole game and Im currently to busy enjoying the postgame content.

daemon37

Oct 14, 2009
Ocelano said:
Arkhangelsk said:
ahh the zombie level how did that go "he has the legs of a marathon runner the muscles of hercules and a horses penis" "a horses penis that sounds dangerous"
Ok I know I probably stuffed the quote but its been months since I did that level and you can't replay cutscenes without replaying the hole game and Im currently to busy enjoying the postgame content.
Did anyone else steal the horse weiner from that zombie? I did and I had Laharl equip it. It gives a relatively nice bonus to ATK, SPD and HIT, with a BONUS of Statistician 40. I leveled it up to 9 in the item world, and I have to say that I am a bit dissapointed. I expected phallic imagery in the item world... alas there was none. Oh, and the icon for the item is merely an exclamation mark... LAME.

Giantcain

Oct 29, 2009
daemon37 said:
Ocelano said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Did anyone else steal the horse weiner from that zombie? I did and I had Laharl equip it. It gives a relatively nice bonus to ATK, SPD and HIT, with a BONUS of Statistician 40. I leveled it up to 9 in the item world, and I have to say that I am a bit dissapointed. I expected phallic imagery in the item world... alas there was none. Oh, and the icon for the item is merely an exclamation mark... LAME.
I didn't know you could do that now to add it to the list of things to do while bored :)