Iggy Pop Has a Lust for Lego Rock Band

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Iggy Pop Has a Lust for Lego Rock Band

Iggy Pop's turn at videogame stardom will come with a twist: He's appearing as a tiny little plastic version of himself in the upcoming Lego Rock Band.

Footage of the former Stooges front man as a little Lego guy turned up on the French gaming site Rock Band [http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/iggy-pop-present-lego-rock-band-actu-299234.html] title, they're great for Lego Rock Band.

"I talked about this a little when I talked at Boston Postmort [http://www.bostonpostmortem.org/]. Real people is something that totally fits with Lego when they're a minifig, but would never fit in a mainline Rock Band game," Dan Teasdale of Harmonix wrote. "Also, something that was announced but not picked up by most of the articles I've seen: Iggy is also the voice of the tutorials in LRB. He's an incredibly nice, sweet, and awesome guy by all reports."

Iggy's inclusion in Lego Rock Band is an interesting choice. While he's not widely viewed as an overly subversive character now that he's in his 60s, his days with the Stooges aren't exactly what most people would consider "kid friendly." Lego Rock Band, meanwhile, is clearly aiming at a younger demographic than the normal Rock Band audience. On the other hand, he's not dead and that's looking like a pretty big plus these days.

Lego Rock Band is currently scheduled for release on November 30 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii and Nintendo DS.

Source: 1Up [http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176011]

Ciarang

Elite Member
Dec 4, 2008
What I ( almost ) said after reading the title:
Weirdest...fetish...ever..
Then I realised what it was about xD

But still, another guitar hero game, woop ?

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
TBH, I think this game is a shame.

I'm sorry but out off all the things they can make into lego its Rock Band?

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
Unacceptable.... he needs to be singing "I Wanna Be Your Dog". Cool that he's a character in something for once.

Mar 17, 2009
Yeah? No.

I'm sorry but I can't get behind this at all, LEGO Rock Band? Jeezus, talk about milking a cash cow for all it's worth. It would be cool if it where like a free downloadable or someting, but a stand alone game? No.

Game will sell like hot cakes though, despite what some moody idiot on an internet forum says.

spike0918

Apr 16, 2009
You know I was really expecting more of a difference in the notes than from the original Rock band. That is all I look at because it isn't like I really watch the representation of myself play an instrument mid song. Yet it will sell like it was the first Rock Band.....sigh.

That One Six

Dec 14, 2008
I now know, for a fact, that Legos can do anything. Soon we will be bowing submissively before their mighty rule. Forget Zombie or Robot apocalypses; Legos are going to kill us all.