Microsoft's Hefty Tokyo Game Show Lineup Leaked?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Microsoft's Hefty Tokyo Game Show Lineup Leaked?

What appears to be a leaked list of Microsoft's planned Tokyo Game Show '09 lineup has made its way onto the internet, and it's not unimpressive, with a double dose of Halo - Legends anime and Reach just the tip of the iceberg.

[gametrailers=49988]

The list showed up on Japanese game site NeoGAF [http://www.onlineplayer.jp/modules/topics/article.php?storyid=15356] (as these things often do). The complete lineup, as rumored, is as follows:

360 Titles:

Samurai Spirits Sen (video/playable)
Fifa 10 (video/playable)
Lost Planet 2 (video/playable)
Mushihime Futari Ver1.5 (video/playable)
Shin Sangoku Musou Multi Raid Special (video/playable)
Castlevania Lords of Shadow (video only)
Ninety Nine Nights 2 (video/playable)
World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (video/playable)
Front Mission Evolved (video/playable)
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (video only)
NieR Gestalt (video/playable)
Bayonetta (video/playable)
End of Eternity (video/playable)
Dragonball Rising Blast (video/playable)
Tekken 6 (video/playable)
Steins Gate (video/playable)
Forza Motorsport 3 (video/playable)
Alan Wake (video only)
Fable 3 (video only)
Halo 3 ODST (video/playable)
Halo Legends (video only)
Halo Reach (video only)
Riot Act 2 (Crackdown 2) (video only)
Borderlines (video only)
Assassin's Creed 2 (video/playable)
Splinter Cell Conviction (video only)
Infernal: Hell's Vengeance (video/playable)

XBLA Playable Titles:

0 day Attack on Earth
Bomberman Live: Battlefest
Ray Storm HD
Shadow Complex

Assuming that this list is the real deal? Playable End of Eternity, Lost Planet 2, and Assassin's Creed 2 should be fun, but what really interests me are some of the video-only titles: Crackdown 2, Alan Wake, Halo: Reach and Castlevania, to be precise. We got our first looks at Reach and Crackdown back in early June during E3, and I can't help but wonder if we'll be stuck with the same teaser trailer you see above, or if we'll get a more in-depth look at the Halo prequel.

As always, though, this is just a rumor and we won't know more until we get official word from Microsoft. If true, though, this is a pretty strong-looking lineup for MS' TGS booth. Of course, it would have to be a strong-looking lineup to even come close to permeating Japan's collective "meh" towards the Xbox 360.

(Via VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2009/09/15/ms-reveals-substantial-tgs-line-up/])

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
Assuming that this list is the real deal? Playable End of Eternity, Lost Planet 2, and Assassin's Creed 2 should be fun, but what really interests me are some of the video-only titles: Crackdown 2, Alan Wake, Halo: Reach and Castlevania, to be precise.
...and Fable III.

Mainly because I want to know what new videos they've got, considering it's only coming out in a year.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
That is a pretty big list. And I'm starting to think that Alan Wake is never going to come out playable.

And why the hell isn't MW2 playable? That's just cruel, the game comes out in two months time, you're honestly trying to tell me the game isn't playable when we've seen it in action?

And though I might get a 360 on the cheap sometime (I'm moving into a house with 2 PS3s, buying one any time before September next year is just silly) but most of those games don't appeal to me in terms of immediate buys save for the Halo series and and maybe Splinter Cell (though some parts of that have me a bit concerned).

EDIT: And why the fuck would you release Samurai Showdown in 3D? I'm pretty sure SNK have been smoking crack recently.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
And why the hell isn't MW2 playable? That's just cruel, the game comes out in two months time, you're honestly trying to tell me the game isn't playable when we've seen it in action?
Its Activision, do we have to say anymore?

Must say thats an impressive line-up, looking forward to any new AC2 details.

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
Heres hoping this time around the Assassins Creed II stuff is more then just a re-show of the E3 footage. I needs more info on that game to keep me calm between now and release day.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I'm actually pretty damn excited about that line up!
I need more money to buy video games. w00t!

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
Looks pretty uninteresting to me, at least the names I actually recognize (no idea what stuff like Steins Gate is).

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
the reach books gave a good atmosphere
MC was lucky, being in the right place at the right time, even when he thought it was wrong
they could crush an army, but a single frigate could oblitarate them. its a "I can kill it if i can hit it" thing

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Dynasty Warriors: Strike Force? Hell yes.

Lost Planet 2? Fuck yes.

Splinter Cell: Conviction? Fuck YES.

Playable Forza 3? Fuck YES!

Playable Assassin's Creed II? FUCK YES!

Also, Bomberman, End of Eternity and Crackdown 2 (awesome) interest me.

Reach, don't know enough to pique my interest. Halo: Legends can go fuck itself.

What's the point of the ODST stuff? It's out next week...As for Alan Wake...Vaporware?

ccesarano

Oct 3, 2007
Sparrow said:
...and Fable III.

Mainly because I want to know what new videos they've got, considering it's only coming out in a year.
Yeah, that's the big one that popped out for me. I'm still skeptical. There's SO MUCH that can be done with Fable, but the wrong approach keeps being taken. The new one looks to add an interesting enough twist with putting you in the actual role of a ruler, but I'm still not expecting much of a sequel that's released two years down the line.

Still, it was a big shock to see a trailer already (though considering it's a year away, not that much of a shock).

ChromeAlchemist said:
Could be that Activision made a deal with Sony first, since they are the bigger player over in Japan. Simultaneously, a Japanese localization may not yet be ready for play. Or Activision could be saving the playable version for their own booth.

Joshimodo said:
What's the point of the ODST stuff? It's out next week...
Microsoft probably wants to try and get as much good word out as possible. While Halo does decently well for an FPS in Japan, it doesn't do as well as the rest of the world. They likely want journalists to get their hands on it and speak well of it.

As for Halo: Reach, I'll be excited when I know it's not just a repeat video of the E3 footage.

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
Why would anyone get excited over Bayonetta, or as I like to call it, Sarah Palin the game. I mean, any "Action game" that brags about having a mode where all you need to do is mash the four attack buttons with one hand use just screams "Generic MMORPG without the MMO" Territory... kinda like 2 worlds.. but even less.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
WhiteTiger225 said:
Why would anyone get excited over Bayonetta, or as I like to call it, Sarah Palin the game. I mean, any "Action game" that brags about having a mode where all you need to do is mash the four attack buttons with one hand use just screams "Generic MMORPG without the MMO" Territory... kinda like 2 worlds.. but even less.
No one is forcing you to play on the easy mode. I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with developers wanting to make it so that everyone can finish their game.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
If it happens to be a brand new video with gameplay for Halo Reach rather than the cocktease one at E3, freaking awesome. If not, well, no point in putting it there, right?

But hey! Assassin's Creed 2 playable! If it doesn't bore me to sleep like the last one did, it's a done purchase!