220: The Ludicrous

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
The Ludicrous

This year has been a good one for Felicia Day and the cast and crew of The Guild. The show recently partnered with Microsoft to offer episodes via Xbox Live, and the Season One and Two DVDs are now available wherever DVDs are sold. That's why this week, as part of our issue on comedy, we decided to reprint this interview with Day and the cast of The Guild, first published last year in Issue 147 of The Escapist.

Read Full Article

awatkins

Oct 17, 2008
Russ Pitts...bald = funny. lol.
I prefer movies and dramas for my funny fix. Books are a good source too.
I generally don't like sitcoms because of the laugh tack. If a show needs
to auditorally que the viewer as a reminder to 'laugh, this was funny,
these ppl are you should too...' I believe a lot of the time it just subtracts
from the punchline; changes something that probably was funny into an annoyance.

Oh yeah, Congratulations on making the longest article this month. I wouldn't
be surprised to hear if you found it easy either. You've always typed quite a bit,
must be an editorial requirment.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Man, too bad that book on comedy by that Greek guy was burnt by that blind monk on the middle ages. Then we could see how much comedy has(n't) changed.

awatkins said:
be surprised to hear if you found it easy either. You've always typed quite a bit,
Isn't this a rerun? Doesn't that mean he didn't write anything? :p

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Smooth stuff, Russ. The Legend of Neil, The Guild, even action figures fornicating with wands and killing Hurley. Pretty solid stuff, all around. Fantastically solid stuff, I should say.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
The Random One said:
Man, too bad that book on comedy by that Greek guy was burnt by that blind monk on the middle ages. Then we could see how much comedy has(n't) changed.

awatkins said:
Isn't this a rerun? Doesn't that mean he didn't write anything? :p
Well, he wrote it originally.