Brütal Legend to get Live Dem-O-Thon

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Brütal Legend to get Live Dem-O-Thon

Are you ready for Rocktober? No? Then perhaps you need the Double Fine team to show you round the game a little bit.

[video=952 align=right]

They strode out through the thick, oily smoke of the fires of the Arockalypse. They were Double Fine, the Champions of Metal, put on this Earth for one purpose: to tell the world of a Brütal Legend, a legend of fire and song and... urr... oh, I don't know, waffles or something.

I'll be honest, I can't keep this up, probably because I haven't gotten into the spirit of Double Fine's Brütal Legend. Perhaps all that will change when the demo comes out on October - sorry - Rocktober 1st.

As well as the demo, Double Fine will also be hosting a live webcast at 12pm on October 1st over on the official Brütal Legend [http://www.brutallegend.com] site, where fans can submit questions via Twitter [http://www.twitter.com/brutallegend] and have the Double Fine team answer them in real time.

Make sure you download the demo as well though - I don't want to get swine flu because you had to pick up your dry cleaning and forgot.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Ahh you had me confused for a minute. The demo for everyone but XBL Gold members is October 1st.

And yes I meant OCTOBER!!!! I have spent to long honing my spelling and grammar skills to be a member here for some game release to start changing shit on me.

ccesarano

Oct 3, 2007
Played the demo today since they released it for Gold Live members. In fact, I played it twice. This game is special. It really is. Just from what little they offer they can sell anyone on the game.

If it wasn't a definite day-one purchase for me before, it is now. There is no way I can't own this game.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
Dude, I played the demo. It is freaking awesome. The gameplay isn't groundbreaking, but the setting, characters, and presentation are spectacular.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
the video isn't working, getting error #2124 something about unable to load resource

EDIT: just tested and it's only this video

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
squid5580 said:
Ahh you had me confused for a minute. The demo for everyone but XBL Gold members is October 1st.

And yes I meant OCTOBER!!!! I have spent to long honing my spelling and grammar skills to be a member here for some game release to start changing shit on me.
What!? Well that sucks Ive been waiting ever since Sept 17th for it to appear on my PSN Store. Ah well.

OT: That actually sounds a really good idea I might join this live webcast.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
nilcypher said:
Make sure you download the demo as well though, I don't want to get swine flu because you had to pick up your dry cleaning and forgot.
"Unless you're not an American or Canadan, in which case you can't download the demo, and yes, you are 2nd class Customers to EA/Microsoft."

Toty54

Jul 11, 2009
Doug said:
nilcypher said:
Make sure you download the demo as well though, I don't want to get swine flu because you had to pick up your dry cleaning and forgot.
"Unless you're not an American or Canadan, in which case you can't download the demo, and yes, you are 2nd class Customers to EA/Microsoft."
And for sony apparently...

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
ccesarano said:
Played the demo today since they released it for Gold Live members. In fact, I played it twice. This game is special. It really is. Just from what little they offer they can sell anyone on the game.

If it wasn't a definite day-one purchase for me before, it is now. There is no way I can't own this game.
Agreed. Played it on my lunch break yesterday - I didn't think it was possible for anything to make me more excited about this game, but the demo did just that. I can't wait to play the full version.

LeChuckie

Apr 23, 2009
squid5580 said:
"(too) long honing my spelling and grammar skills"

Maybe stick with it a little bit longer eh?

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
LeChuckie said:
squid5580 said:
"(too) long honing my spelling and grammar skills"

Maybe stick with it a little bit longer eh?
Hey I never said I was done honing them ;)

[Cold-Shoulder]

Jun 5, 2009
cleverlymadeup said:
the video isn't working, getting error #2124 something about unable to load resource

EDIT: just tested and it's only this video
Same thing is happening to me.
Is the demo coming out on the first of october on psn?
If so Damn it!
I have been waiting for a good long time for the demo to come out only to find out that you only get it if you preorder to get it earlier.
At least I don't have to wait much longer.... Hopefully...

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Okay, so; video still not working?

Odds are good that this [http://www.gametrailers.com/video/the-world-brutal-legend/56370] is the video that's meant to be loading.

It's certainly interesting.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Loop Stricken said:
Okay, so; video still not working?

Odds are good that this [http://www.gametrailers.com/video/the-world-brutal-legend/56370] is the video that's meant to be loading.

It's certainly interesting.
ok if that's the video, it's darn cool AND they use the Manowar song Die for Metal, in most of the video

it's also a pretty fitting song for the game too, it's all about drinking beer and playing metal loud

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
Okay wait, who is getting this demo? Those of us who don't have Brutal Legend pre-ordered because we are saving it for our birthday and don't want to shell out money that we will waste by not getting it on day one, or those of you who have pre-ordered it in the Not-America regions.