Run Through the Jungle in Crysis: Live!

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Run Through the Jungle in Crysis: Live!

Crytek UK [http://www.crytek.com/] is teaming with GameCity to create Crysis: Live!, the only real-life game in the world that lets players become invisible!

Running for two days, Crysis: Live! will turn the entire Festival Arena in the Market Square at this year's GameCity event in Nottingham into a "live, full-scale recreation of the Crysis [http://www.ea.com/games/crysis] universe." Players will have to make their way through the tropical jungle setting, avoiding enemy soldiers as they move toward a top-secret objective with the help of a super-high-tech Nanosuit that lets them become invisible!

And just how will you become invisible in a real-life game? Rob Yescombe of Crytek UK, the designer and director of Crysis: Live!, said that if you want to know, you'll have to play. "Crysis: Live! is like Hide and Seek for the 21st Century - good old fashioned fun but with a Crytek UK twist," he explained. "I don't want to spoil too much. You really need to play it."

"This is a terrifying departure from previous events for the festival," added GameCity Director Iain Simons. "We're really excited to be able to collaborate with Crytek UK on making this amazing project happen."

Crysis: Live! will take place on October 29 and 30 at the GameCity festival, which runs the week of October 27 to 31. To learn more about how to get fitted for a Nanosuit of your own, go to gamecity.org [http://gamecity.org/blog/crysisliveannounce].

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Why the hell aren't these things ever near me?

Bah... I wish I had a private jet or something...

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Wait, what? Invisible? In Real Life? In the UK (For once!)!

Da-am! I'd so be in if I could!

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
Um... What!? Invisible, really? Did I just read that?

It sucks that I live in Sweden. Nothing fun ever happens here...

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Ranooth said:
OMG! I'm only an hour away (thank you uni) i am so going to this!
Get some pics or video please. :) I'd love to see this in action.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
I read the article, and somehow I still expected the ghost of Graham Chapman to pop up and shout, "Stop that, it's silly!"

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
I assume the "bad guys" wear some sort of goggles, while the suit is some sort of reflective suit that renders the user invisible to anyone wearing the goggles, and silly to anyone else.

LockHeart

Apr 9, 2009
Nottingham :O That's only an hour or so away! I might just have to give this invisibility thing a look in...

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
I didn't think Nottingham was know for its wide stretches of jungles, regardless I might go to this its not too far from me.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Malygris said:
Ranooth said:
OMG! I'm only an hour away (thank you uni) i am so going to this!
Get some pics or video please. :) I'd love to see this in action.
But if he is truly invisible...you won't see anything :p

I saw something like this on Discovery once. ([5:50]you will see the guy "invisible" near the end of the clip, as well as an explanation on how it works)...all in all though, I thought the technology was still in its infancy to be utilized...but here we have videogame developers using it for a promotion...