Assassin's Creed 2: Birth of an Assassin Trailer

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Assassin's Creed 2: Birth of an Assassin Trailer

What drives a man to skulk about on rooftops and plunge wrist-blades into the necks of his targets? This badass new Assassin's Creed 2 video from the Tokyo Game Show lets us know why protagonist Ezio does what he does.

You know, all things considered, Ezio Auditore de Firenze has it lucky. Oh sure, his family may have been executed and their clan name shamed, and he may have barely survived his initial rage at their deaths, but let's look on the bright side: What better motivation to become a secret, unstoppable force of vengeance? Batman wouldn't have become the Dark Knight if his parents hadn't been killed, right?

Plus, it's not like he doesn't have the tools of the trade, either. We're not just talking hidden wrist-blades or anything like that, though. We're talking Leonardo-da-Vinci-inspired gliders, one badass assassin's getup, and a willingness to smash an axe into an opponent's groin.

...well, it's not like anyone ever said assassins fought fair, right?

But yes, this trailer is pretty damn awesome. Only a few more months to go before we're getting our Renaissance-oriented stabbity justice on, too.

(Via CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=224256])

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Ubisoft's trailers are some of the best I've ever seen.

They certainly know how to do it, especially with the ones for this and Conviction.

Can't wait.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
bloody hell he's pretty old for that shit, at least 50

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I loved the first Assassin's Creed, and it looks like I'll be loving number 2 as well!
Sounds good to me! Great trailer!
Nothing says 'I mean business' that like that axe to the groin. Yowza.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
This game looks fantastic. Hopefully it will be as good as it looks, and fixed the problems I had with AC 1.
And...can you jump in water this time?

Baby Tea said:
I loved the first Assassin's Creed, and it looks like I'll be loving number 2 as well!
Sounds good to me! Great trailer!
Can't forget the 15 stabs to the chest. He really wants to make sure his enemies are either in the worst pain imaginable, or as dead as can be.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
I love this trailer, the game looks GREAT.

Only problem is Ezio looks stupid and unstylish till he dons the hood, but after he is most badass.

Also, I though it was called Destiny of Ezio.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
sethzard said:
Yes and no, the story could be narrated through the perspective of Ezio later in life or by someone else. Where as the game play itself could be soon after the hanging of his family. The event itself could have taken place from the perspective of the narrator 30 years ago, but that doesn't mean the game is taking place 30 years after. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Although old heroes are coming into style - Snake, Max Payne and Sam Fisher are at least 3 that are getting up there.

obliterate

Sep 2, 2009
Woodsey said:
Ubisoft's trailers are some of the best I've ever seen.

They certainly know how to do it, especially with the ones for this and Conviction.

Can't wait.
Yes me too...I wanted AC 2 to fix all the problems there were in AC and it looks like they have...I just do hope it doesn't fail like the other over hyped games

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Dyp100 said:
I love this trailer, the game looks GREAT.

Only problem is Ezio looks stupid and unstylish till he dons the hood, but after he is most badass.

Also, I though it was called Destiny of Ezio.
It is I think. Does it really matter? We still get to see him being awesome.
Can't wait to pick this up.

Jul 9, 2008
Slycne said:
sethzard said:
Yes and no, the story could be narrated through the perspective of Ezio later in life or by someone else. Where as the game play itself could be soon after the hanging of his family.

The event itself could have taken place from the perspective of the narrator 30 years ago, but that doesn't mean the game itself is taking place 30 years after. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Although old heroes are coming into style - Snake, Max Payne and Sam Fisher are at least 3 that are getting up there.
True. Hell, Fisher's thing was that he was old from the beginning, what with the gray you see at the sides of his hair in SC1. They just never really made a point of bringing it up (aside from the occasional mention of his time in the SEALs) until Chaos Theory.

OT: Wow. I was already excited for this game, now I can barely wait. I mean, I loved the first one despite it's flaws, and this seems to be fixing those.

Mar 17, 2009
One word: Epic.

In my opinion, one of the fatal flaws of the first game was the complete absence of a backstory for Altair, I'm glad to see they changed that for the sequel.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
Man, that was pretty epic. And hey! This assassin actually has a face! Interesting to see him without the hood.

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
seydaman said:
sethzard said:
I know...I was like...What? 30 years?
It might be his father talking to him or something of that nature.

OT: Now because of my obssesive nature with this game, I must run around giggling like a schoolgirl.

Baby Tea said:
Ezio almost seems cruel because of some of his moves. There's one video where he hits a guy in the face with a hammer to turn him around, and then smashes his tailbone with an upward swing.