Last Call for Shattered Horizon Beta

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Last Call for Shattered Horizon Beta

There's only one week left to get into Futuremark Games' Shattered Horizon [http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/] beta - but only if you have a rig that can handle the game.

Set in the aftermath of a cataclysmic mining accident on the moon, Shattered Horizon is a multiplayer FPS with a twist: The zero-gravity environment gives players unprecedented freedom of movement, adding a whole new tactical element to the game. As billions of tons of rock and debris create an asteroid field barrier that prevents any hope of rescue, scattered survivors and the astronauts and scientists aboard the International Space Station struggle desperately to survive as only humans do: They start killing each other.

But before you can squeeze a few more precious seconds out of your life by taking them away from someone else, you need to make sure your hardware is up to snuff. The list is pretty demanding: Along with all the usual stuff, Shattered Horizon testers must be running Windows Vista and have a DirectX 10 graphics card, dual core CPU, a Steam account and be at least 18 years of age.

If you can bring all that to the party, then free online mayhem awaits! The final week of the beta test will be open to anyone who Steam [http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/signup.html] and, hopefully, other download services.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
Thats cool. The game seems very interesting... but I have none of the things that they require of me to be able to play it. ;_;

Sir Pysco Sexy

Nov 14, 2008
I just signed up and got told 'dont contact us we'll contact you'. ARE YOU HAVING A JOKE?! I can't do anything other than get told 'I do not have permission to access this page.'

Not cool.

odisious15

Nov 14, 2007
This looks like it would be awesome if it's well executed. And odds are if you're a PC gamer and you're playing any recent title your rig would be up to the task; Though I imagine there are a great number of people that exceed the requirements but run XP and not Vista.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Don't know about anyone else but the image isn't showing up for me.

Along with all the usual stuff, Shattered Horizon testers must be running Windows Vista and have a DirectX 10 graphics card, dual core CPU, a Steam account and be at least 18 years of age.
That's not so ridiculous for a modern gaming PC. Most PC gamers (with the exception of Khell) probably have a Steam Account and a fair few will be over 18. Dual cores aren't exactly rare these days, Vista is no longer the red-headed step child of releases and a DirectX 10 Graphics card well I should think most people who have updated their graphics card in the last year at least have a DX10 card.

It's more than your joe store-bought PC might have, but if you've picked up either a proper gaming rig or made your own, I shouldn't think anyone would have a problem with that.

/I do. Still running XP and not upgraded my graphics card.
//First thing on my list after my student loan comes through, after an external hard drive for my anime/movies/TV shows.
///SLASHIES.

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
This game could be appealing/not appealing if only I could find something about it.
Searched around and couldn't find anything on gameplay.

Dr.Sean

Apr 5, 2009
I am a beta tester for Shattered Horizon, and each time I try playing it my comp takes a dump. The worst part is that there are no servers on teh West Coast, so a stable ping is out of the question.