The Worst Street Fighter Characters Ever

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
The Worst Street Fighter Characters Ever

These ten World Warriors probably won't be making it into Super Street Fighter IV, and we should be thankful for it.

In case you're not familiar with it, Something Awful's WTF, D&D!? series [http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/] is a hilarious look at some of the, shall we say, more unintentionally amusing Pen-and-Paper RPG sourcebooks we've seen over the years. Last week, the writers took a look at Street Fighter: Contenders, a companion to the Street Fighter pen-and-paper RPG that listed some original characters as alternatives to Ken, Ryu, and Chun-Li.

I don't know whether or not the ten characters featured here [http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/street-fighter-contenders.php?page=1] are all of the ones in the book (I suspect not) or if these are just the worst of the lot, but one thing remains certain: These characters are stunningly and hilariously awful.

I can't decide which of them is the worst of the worst. Is it the Latino fighter who joined the Army while "looking for ways to make his already gorgeous legs even more attractive"? Is it the 13-year-old girl in the Spanish ninja's body? Is it John McCain with two extra robot arms, the naked interplanetary wrestler, or is it Eric the Red So Fine - possibly the worst name for a fictional character in the entire history of fictional characters.

There may still be five unannounced contenders waiting in the wings for Super Street Fighter IV [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95069-Super-Street-Fighter-IV-Brings-Eight-New-Challengers], but at least we can take comfort in the fact that none of these characters will be showing up - ever again.

Feb 13, 2008
I have the original StreetFighter book as well. Possibly the front cover is the only thing in it worth more than the paper it's printed on.

The Everquest d20 game had more class than this.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I couldn't help myself but to think this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54&feature=related when I saw the character Lady Khan.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
You may not have played many Street Fighter games, John. But none of those are real Street Fighter characters.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Flunk said:
You may not have played many Street Fighter games, John. But none of those are real Street Fighter characters.
They're characters for the Street Fighter pen-and-paper game. Not the fighting games. Which I am fairly familiar with :p

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
Actually that guy in the very front of the book's cover looks halfway decent....

Although I doubt going around asking for a new character would be wise.

*Imagines Super Street Fighter Iv Turbo*

Ewwwwwwww.

Octorok

May 28, 2009
That was fantastic. I love these guys now, and I'm suing for these two cracked ribs of mine.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
1: Reba Miller looks like a man.

2: The Chain looks like..... I don't even know.

3: Legion would be better if he lost an arm.

4: Eric just makes me want to kill him for having "so fine" in his name.

5: Gibson is the only damn one that actually looks like woman.

6: Jackie..... The hell, man?

7:There's only room for one big fucker in street fighter, Bluegrass. His name's E. Honda!

8: Praetorian looks like a homosexual He-Man wannabe.

9: What the hell is up with your eyes, Khan?

10: Is that Shawn Michaels?

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
wow i don't think i ever saw that book at the local store, i don't have a clue why they'd want to even make a Street Fighter RPG

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Xyphon said:
Praetorian looks like a homosexual He-Man wannabe.
So he pretty much looks like He-Man?

Those were bad. I have a hard time believing that the people who made that book knew much about the SF games at all.

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
After reading the 2 guys description..it reminded me of Graham and Paul that do the Unskippable series..