Mayhem Miller Gets Fired Up at EA Sports MMA Producer

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Mayhem Miller Gets Fired Up at EA Sports MMA Producer

Ranking a group of mixed martial arts fighters can not be an easy task, especially when you have to reveal their ranks face-to-face.

Jason "Mayhem" Miller apparently did not get scared off by UFC President Dana White's comment [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93109-UFC-President-Warns-Fighters-Against-EA-Sports-MMA] that any fighter to appear in EA Sports MMA would be blacklisted from the UFC. Miller will be featured in the game anyway, and as we see in this video, got an actual chance to visit EA to check out the game.

But, things did not go as planned, and the fighter took offense once he saw his actual stats in the game. Something about his character just didn't sit right; maybe it was his "foot speed" or "arm submissions" ratings. Whatever it was, Mayhem got pretty peeved and he took it up with the man in charge. That's after he took a jump in the giant ball pit in the center of the conference room table.

Jason has always been unique, and often hilarious, garnering a following of fans that he calls "Mayhem Monkeys." He has nearly 30 professional fights under his belt, though he lost his UFC debut (and only UFC appearance) to Georges St-Pierre, now six-time defending UFC Welterweight Champion. He has, however, won the majority of his 13 fights after that loss, and now hosts Bully Beatdown on MTV. Definitely not a guy I'd want to mess with, even with his sometimes humorous demeanor.

(Via Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5372556/why-everyone-will-be-rated-100-in-ea-sports-mma])

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
There is a ball pit in that table.
I cannot pay attention to anything you write, or anythign those guys say.
There is a ball pit in that table.
Ball pit.

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
I saw this earlier somewhere else. I'm not sure where though. It was pretty funny though. The look on the guys face is priceless when Mayhem starts to freak out. Good joke. =p

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
But, things did not go as planned, and the fighter took offense once he saw his actual stats in the game.
I disagree, I think things went exactly as planned, since it looks like a planned set up between some of the EA guys and Jason Miller, with the Head Developer, Rob Hydar being the butt of the joke (he's not in on it so he understandably got quite worried).

As part of the joke they purposely gave Miller's character low stats for that showing so he could play his part and pretend to overreact.

You can tell it's a set up because a few of the people in on the joke get out of their seats and move to the back of the room (grinning like loons), so they're not sat in between Miller and Rob Hydar, and to give him room to have a pretend scuffle.

At the end when Jason Miller says to Rob Hydar "I'm just fucking with you" the look of relief on Rob Hydar's face is priceless.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
I wasn't even paying attention to any of the people in the video. I mean, they have a ball pit in the middle of the table! That is awesome!

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
it was a pretty funny joke, tho i don't think Mayhem is the greatest fighter, while he's funny he isn't all that great, he's really only faced a bunch of tomato cans

tho there is one better punking in mma and it was done by Bas "El Guapo" Rutten on probly the best colour commentator there is and i say that not cause i'm Canadian like he is and that is Mauro Ranallo

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Mornelithe said:
Heh, have Fedor smash miller a few times. He'll calm down...or die, one or the other.
wrong weight class, GSP could do it and has already

tho i think Jacare could do it pretty good, even tho Jacare isn't the best at mma

Echolocating

Jul 13, 2006
Mornelithe said:
cleverlymadeup said:
Mornelithe said:
Heh, have Fedor smash miller a few times. He'll calm down...or die, one or the other.
wrong weight class, GSP could do it and has already

tho i think Jacare could do it pretty good, even tho Jacare isn't the best at mma
Really? Ya think? Jesus Christ, it's called a joke.
Jesus "The Carpenter" Christ is in the 170 weight class, I think. He might have a chance against Mayhem.

dragonburner

Feb 21, 2009
cleverlymadeup said:
it was a pretty funny joke, tho i don't think Mayhem is the greatest fighter, while he's funny he isn't all that great, he's really only faced a bunch of tomato cans

tho there is one better punking in mma and it was done by Bas "El Guapo" Rutten on probly the best colour commentator there is and i say that not cause i'm Canadian like he is and that is Mauro Ranallo

I watched the video... That wasn't funny...

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
dragonburner said:
cleverlymadeup said:

then i'll have to say you need a good sense of humour

dragonburner

Feb 21, 2009
cleverlymadeup said:
dragonburner said:
cleverlymadeup said:

then i'll have to say you need a good sense of humour
For stuff that isn't funny