Atlus Bringing Zeno Clash to XBLA

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Atlus Bringing Zeno Clash to XBLA

Zeno Clash is pretty great on the PC, but Atlus has you covered if you would prefer to play it with an Xbox 360 controller.

ACE Team's Source Engine powered Zeno Clash is one of the most unique and memorable titles in recent history, and now Xbox 360 owners will be getting a chance to experience the first-person brawler for themselves. Previously only available on the PC through Steam and Direct2Drive (and some retail outlets in Europe), Atlus will be bringing Zeno Clash to XBLA in Spring 2010.

Zeno Clash is perfect for anyone that likes unique, indie games, or just punching the crap out of freaky looking bird-headed enemies. Players do use some weaponry in the game, but mostly engage in melee combat, taking on the role of Ghat as he settles a score with the leader of his clan, Father-Mother. Zeno Clash feels like Double Dragon played from a first-person perspective in a completely dreamlike, and sometimes creepy, 3D world.

The version being released on Xbox Live Arcade will be called Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition, adding new modes and new content. Somewhat due to fan feedback, ACE Team will also be implementing animation enhancements, combat rebalancing, and interface improvements. One of the new modes will be Co-op Tower Challenge, a split-screen offline and online co-op mode that challenges players to advance through multiple floors of a tower by defeating waves of enemies. The Tower Challenge available on the PC is only single-player. Pricing has not been revealed yet, but I'm guessing it'll be 1200 Microsoft points, which would be a solid good deal. If it's priced at 800, it'll be a must buy.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Eh. I like the design of it, but the controls just didn't work for me. Being on the 360 probably won't change the fact.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Hmph... I just wish they would also release it for PSN. But what the hey, cool for all you XBL people.
[small]Guess I'll just get it for my PC[/small]

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Artemis923 said:
I find that M.U.G.E.N makes all other punchy-fighting games obsolete.
I would almost agree, except for just how glitchy and unbalanced M.U.G.E.N. characters and whatnot can be at times. But I digress.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
I got the PC version of the game and I immediately loved it to bits. And now it has co-op mode! Seriously guys, there is no reason for any xbox owner not to get this and beat the everliving daylights out of these freaks. It was mindless fun by myself, imagine how good it will be with a friend! If I didn't already own this game it might just get me to actually get an xbox.

Are images on the articles broken? I can't tell if this is posted already, so here's an image link of the announcement:

http://i33.tinypic.com/mh8yg2.jpg

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
When will Atlus remake Snowboard Kids, that piece of shit on the DS doesn't count.

Ph0t0n1c Ph34r

Feb 25, 2009
Seeing as how my PC is a complete piece of garbage, barley able to run BF: Heroes, I am really looking forward to the XBLA release.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
harhol said:
Paying for mods is all the rage now apparently.
If you had any clue as to what Zeno Clash is like you wouldn't make the mistake of calling it a mod. Just go try it. [http://store.steampowered.com/app/22220/]