Noby Noby Boy's Mars Trip Delayed

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Noby Noby Boy's Mars Trip Delayed

Due to the drastic decline in people playing PSN oddity Noby Noby Boy, the game's red planet content may not get unlocked for another 2000 days.

Shame on you. Yes, you. You know who you are. You bought Noby Noby Boy, having heard about how weird and wacky it is, how it puts penguins on the moon and contains poop. Maybe you were baffled by what exactly the game is, or maybe you just moved onto greener pastures. Whatever it was, you, and a bunch of other shameful folks, stopped playing Noby Noby Boy. And because of that, GIRL's never going to get to Mars.

In Noby Noby Boy, players can report the length of their BOY character to GIRL, a giant uh, thing, in space. The more players report their lengths and the longer those lengths become, the more GIRL stretches out into the galaxy, unlocking new planets. In the days following the game's release, gamers managed to get GIRL to her first destination - the moon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/89658-Noby-Noby-Boy-Heads-to-the-Moon] - no problem.

Now, however, Noby Noby Boy's player base has dwindled. According to a site tracking [http://apps.evilrobotstuff.com/nobynobyboy/] in-game stats, in the past month players-per-day has drifted in the 1500-2000 range, sometimes falling as low as 1000 at times. There have been around 60,000 people who have tried the game, and there are 300-500 new players a day, but it seems like nobody bothers to stick around.

Which means that there's barely anybody around to report to GIRL, which means she can't grow. At this rate, it'll take 2000 days for her to get her ass to Mars, apparently.

Suddenly the Total Recall [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53ARrp7x4bQ] jokes don't seem that funny.

[Via DarkZero [http://darkzero.co.uk/game-news/noby-noby-boy-players-hit-all-time-low-mars-2000-days-away/]]

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I....I'm so sorry, I'm a part of the people who buy it and play it yet never return.

I'm.........I'm so sorry! I love the game, I do, but I just can't bring myself to play it every single day, I get bored!

I'm so sorry...........so very very sorry......

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
I bet this has nothing to do with how much the game sucks? ARSE?

Noby Noby Boy is obviously just fad all the Wii+DS crap over the past two years and people should not seem suprised that a game where all you do is pull two sticks in opposite directions - theres no thrill in that

NOW:
if this article was released about Left 4 Dead or Call of Duty (4/5) I would be majorly shocked

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Theres a lesson in this: it takes more than just cute weirdness to make most people perform monotonous repetitive tasks repeatedly in a game.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Cousin_IT said:
Theres a lesson in this: it takes more than just cute weirdness to make most people perform monotonous repetitive tasks repeatedly in a game.
It takes boobage.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
OH GAWD *sob* I'm so sorry. I'll go out right now and buy a PS3 just to help GIRL get to Mars!

dcheppy

Dec 8, 2008
Hey you know what would make that game better: A set of goals/challenges. Once you beat the trophies and dick around for a while, their is nothing left to do. There should be challenges like, "Stretch to 400 meters" or "knock 50 people off the edge" or anything really.

EDIT: but at bucks, who cares. It was fun enough

Say Anything

Jan 23, 2008
I...I feel so bad. Because of me, GIRL will never make it to Mars.

Do you think it could be because I don't own a PS3?

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Cliff_m85 said:
Cousin_IT said:
It takes boobage.
Great, you've just implied that NobyNobyBoy should be Rule34'd.

GIRL with a cleavage...........oh fuck...

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
I refuse to care about this game until someone explains to me what the hell the title means. Then explain why I should care about it.

ila

Jul 29, 2008
Maybe if the game's camera didn't fail constantly, there was space to actually stretch out, and... well lots of stuff. The game is an amusing time waster once in awhile, but seriously, this games makes EV training in Pokemon seem exciting.

KimMR251

Jun 15, 2008
Haha, well there isn't much to say about the game -- it is amusing ... especially when intoxicated. ;)

ila

Jul 29, 2008
Tomoe251 said:
Haha, well there isn't much to say about the game -- it is amusing ... especially when intoxicated. ;)
Anything is amusing when intoxicated.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
ElephantGuts said:
I refuse to care about this game until someone explains to me what the hell the title means. Then explain why I should care about it.
Basically the game is about a boy who, through stimulation and gentle stretching, becomes larger and larger to the delight of the character 'Girl'.

Simple as that.

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
Jumplion said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Cousin_IT said:
It takes boobage.
Great, you've just implied that NobyNobyBoy should be Rule34'd.

GIRL with a cleavage...........oh fuck...
everything is rule 34'd - thats what it is about