Sony's Uncharted 2 Ad: More "Dear PlayStation" Goodness

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Sony's Uncharted 2 Ad: More "Dear PlayStation" Goodness

Sony has come up with a new ad featuring the inimitable, smooth-talking Kevin Butler and like its $299 PS3 spot, this one is a winner.

After years of confusing the hell out of us with ads featuring Uncharted 2 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqkNPcUMffU] confused with a movie.

Will Uncharted 2 really be that good? I don't know and I don't think it really matters; what's important is that V.P. Butler is on the case. Butler, who in his spare time works under the guise of actor Facebook group [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1208801/]. Who knew effective advertising could be so simple?

Source: Ars Technica [http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/10/sonys-uncharted-2-ad-funny-true-video.ars?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss]

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Solid ad, I remember friend sat down and watched FIFA 09 thinking it was real and actually got made at odd tackling and passing.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I love the guy, his advertisements are just perfect. Here's to more awesomeness from Butler!

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Smart. I wonder what they'd do with R&CF: A Crack In Time.

...well,actually,it's obvious. "Help! My brothers think A Crack In Time is a new 3D cartoon..."

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
finially some decent commercials.
dial in a high-five to the guy who pitched this ad.

Darkwolf9

Aug 19, 2008
If the dude in the commercial were real he'd seriously have it made. He had a freaking gorgeous girl who wanted to watch him play a gorgeous game.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Kudos to Sony's PR Deptartment for rolling out some of the best ads this past quarter.

As for the guy, assuming he isn't up to his eyeballs in debt, looks like he's got it made. Huge TV, an apartment/house that is larger than said TV, hot girlfriend who is willing to watch him play video games for two days straight; the only question he should be asking is "how do I make it so I never wake up from this dream?"

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Hah! Great commercial!
Give the guy who came up with this 'line' of commercials a promotion/raise.

Humorous commercials always win over...well over every other type of commercial.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
I want to find the man who created this ad campaign and shake his hand. These are the best gaming ads I've seen in a long time.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Dear God, what the f*ck is that baby thing?!

Whoever came up with that in the advertising department needs their head checked out. Jesus.

I like the Uncharted one though, made me laugh. I still haven't actually seen one on TV though, unlike the 360 ad's which are fairly common place (see one a day in general at a rough guess).

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
I've always wondered why its so hard to create an ad campaign, can people not just look at something and say this sucks? Why did it take so long for sony to come up with something that showed the product, amused the viewer, and got a point accros.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
sneakypenguin said:
I've always wondered why its so hard to create an ad campaign, can people not just look at something and say this sucks? Why did it take so long for sony to come up with something that showed the product, amused the viewer, and got a point accros.
I actually have a rule, if a commercial annoys me I won't buy the product.

I wish everyone followed that rule, we'd have far less annoying commercials :p.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Hahaha. That made me laugh.

I think Kevin Butler has become the anti-Kaz Hirai, if you know what I mean.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
that's an awesome commercial, they are coming up with some great and funny ones this time around.

Kollega said:
Smart. I wonder what they'd do with R&CF: A Crack In Time.
actually they have some funny ones now for it

here's one of them

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-super-ratchet/56786