One Confusing Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers Trailer

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
One Confusing Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers Trailer

Crystal Bearers looks like Final Fantasy meets James Bond meets Psychonauts meets SSX Tricky meets Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball. No, I don't get it either.

As someone who hasn't been following Crystal Bearers in even the slightest manner, I'm not sure what to make of this trailer. Without knowing the plot (other than that there are crystals, and these crystals are magical and give people powers and probably connected to the survival of a kingdom in some way, and that people must be Bearers for these Crystals) all I can say is this: Crystal Bearers looks incredibly ... eclectic.

The main character starts off in a tuxedo looking like a Squeenix take on 007, and then he's... falling out of the sky like in PilotWings. Then he goes snowboarding. Then he gets run over by a train. There's probably some plot in there too, but I still can't get over my general sense of "What the hell did I just watch?" about the first half of the video.

At the very least, there are teenage girls in bikinis knocking each other into the water via butt-bumps, so this will probably sell well in Japan.

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
Whatever It's like It'll have none of the charm of the orignal. It could still be good, I just miss the musical style of the first game.

Ironic

Sep 30, 2008
Just when i thought that Muscle-March was THE MOST japanese game i had ever seen, this comes along.

It makes me hate final fantasy a little bit. Seems like they're just milking the art and slapping any old game on it now.

RikSharp

Feb 11, 2009
irony:
this trailer is called Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers Crystal Clear Trailer

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Makes perfect sense to me, it's a Wii game. So they took the gameplay from a normal game and started adding stick waggle mini-games or moments to it.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
o_O

o_O

o_O

i have no idea whatsoever of what the hell i just saw...

thats gonna be either the most amazing and awesomely epic video game ever made revolving in several kinds of game types

or the most weird and stupid minigame game series ever made

it really blew my mind only because i dont understand it... (a guy that uses his psichokinetic powers to everything but pee!?!?!?)

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Huh... where'd I go just now? I think my mind may have sheltered itself in an anti-insanity bubble for the last 3 minutes to avoid getting torn to shreds.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
Tenmar said:
Looks like a great game to play. Showing that the game has story and not just pure action is a good thing in my book. Been looking forward to this actually since they went in a new art direction with the Crystal Chronicles.
Yeah. After seeing the Yukes, it looks great. I don't think this was a truly serious trailer, though. Their last trailer was far less confusing.

EDIT: Found the other trailer, from E3.

Charley

Apr 12, 2008
"I smell treasure here"

..why does it sound like she can smell treasure under your skin, and as if she intends to peel you to get it? o_O