Dungeon World: A Closer Look

Christopher B

Sep 9, 2009
Dungeon World: A Closer Look

Welcome to the second installment of Dungeon World, a free tabletop RPG setting.

Read Full Article

Woem

May 28, 2009
Thank you so much for all your work on Dungeon World Christopher! I'm looking forward to learning more about the history of the world. In the region descriptions you mention the Day of Tears a few times. In the introduction article the only thing I can find about it is this:
"Finally, on the Day of Tears, the Dead Gods turned their pieces of the Everstone on one another; each was destroyed, and their kingdoms sundered.

"Since that day, many ages ago, no one has seen the Master. There are rumors that he wanders the World, searching for the missing pieces of the Everstone so that he can return to the lands from whence he and the Dead Gods came.
I'd love to see this in more detail, in a non-story mode. Is there a timeline coming up for instance? Or are you keeping things a bit vague so they can be filled in by the DM?

Christopher B

Sep 9, 2009
Woem: Glad you're enjoying Dungeon World!

I plan on parsing out bits of the history of Dungeon World with each coming installment, through both narrative and non-narrative means. Future installments will focus on specific locales, using a local "dungeon" as the centerpiece around which more detailed background information will be provided. Many of these - if not all - will touch on the history of the World, adding another piece to the puzzle.

Stay tuned. :)

zifnabxar

Mar 1, 2009
So glad this came out. I was worried this had been canceled since it'd almost been a month since the last one. I'm glad I was proven wrong. Can't wait to find out more about this world and its Day of Tears.

SurfPenguin

Sep 3, 2008
Hmmm, Dungeon world is looking good so far: Nicely crafted, solidly-written, malarkey free and you steer clear of NND (Novel Name Disorder.) You're definitely not reinventing the wheel here, but you ARE making a darn fine wheel. Keep it up!

Woem

May 28, 2009
Christopher B said:
Woem: Glad you're enjoying Dungeon World!

I plan on parsing out bits of the history of Dungeon World with each coming installment, through both narrative and non-narrative means. Future installments will focus on specific locales, using a local "dungeon" as the centerpiece around which more detailed background information will be provided. Many of these - if not all - will touch on the history of the World, adding another piece to the puzzle.

Stay tuned. :)
Awesome! I created a Dungeon World Compendium [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.148691] gathering all pieces of information. I hope I can update it soon, with information about the two other Tomes of Legend and with new clans for instance, and especially about the Cryptic Egg. Did the Cryptic Egg create the Everstone? Is it the God of all Gods? I'm definitely creating an RP on this forum, set in Dungeon World.

Christopher B

Sep 9, 2009
Thanks for the feedback - it's good to see that everybody's enjoying Dungeon World so far.

SurfPenguin said:
Hmmm, Dungeon world is looking good so far: Nicely crafted, solidly-written, malarkey free and you steer clear of NND (Novel Name Disorder.) You're definitely not reinventing the wheel here, but you ARE making a darn fine wheel. Keep it up!
That's what I was going for - good to know I'm hitting the mark!

disillusion_me said:
Hey nice thread looks like fun! anything downloadable?
Not yet - possibly in the future...

Woem said:
Awesome! I created a Dungeon World Compendium [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.148691] gathering all pieces of information. I hope I can update it soon, with information about the two other Tomes of Legend and with new clans for instance, and especially about the Cryptic Egg. Did the Cryptic Egg create the Everstone? Is it the God of all Gods? I'm definitely creating an RP on this forum, set in Dungeon World.
Very cool, Woem. :D I don't want to spill too much about the Cryptic Egg too soon, but I'll bear your questions in mind to be answered in future installments.