Anime Review: Ghost Hunt

JoshV

Mar 20, 2009
Anime Review: Ghost Hunt

The Japanese do ghost stories well, and this is no exception.

Read Full Article

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
Nicely summed up. I watched this series a while back and had similar thoughts. It was certainly a refreshing change of pace from most other series I'd watched.

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
This sounds right up my alley. It's been in my Netflix queue for months, but I think I will finally move it to the top!

Darth Rahu

Critic of the Sith
Nov 20, 2009
I watched the 25 episode series, and I flat-out loved it! Wish there was more...

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
I finally watched the show and loved it! It seems like many of the good anime shows are only a single season. What's up with that?

AfroTree

Feb 21, 2010
Kojiro ftt said:
I finally watched the show and loved it! It seems like many of the good anime shows are only a single season. What's up with that?
I've heard it before, and to be honest, i quite like the longer anime's i mean..look at Dragonball

also, probably involves the "public at large" and "viewing figures" or something

hell if i know -shrug-

JohnTomorrow

Green Thumbed Gamer
Jan 11, 2010
Nice review. I'll check it out.

My only gripe is, whats wrong with an Australian accent? If it was, say, an American trying to do an Australian accent, then i'll understand - people trying to do accents will always create more of a caricature then the real thing - but if he was an actual Aussie, then whats so funny?

Was it because it just came out of left field? Or maybe because you just find Aussie accents hilarious?

I actually think most anime dubs of European-style animes should be dubbed with their local accents - Hellsing, for instance, is primarily dubbed in English and German for the protag and antagon roles respectively. Then world is a big place - why not throw in an African, Swede or Australian accent here and there?

CriosClio

Oct 5, 2012
This is an awesome anime, it's actually in my top ten favorites list. I wish there was a season 2 that was english dubbed. And I happened to like the Australian accent but of course that's my opinion. :)