Star Wars Uncut: A Fan Remake , 15 Seconds at a Time

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Star Wars Uncut: A Fan Remake , 15 Seconds at a Time

Star Wars Uncut, a fan project that's remaking the classic sci-fi film through a series of 15-second user-made clips, has just released its first promotional trailer and it is awesome.

It works like this: Star Wars [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076759/] - (that'd be A New Hope for those of you who like to be pedantic about that sort of thing) - has been chopped up into 15-second mini-scenes. Anyone interested in taking part simply claims the scene they're interested in, recreates it in whatever style they want and then sends the completed clip back to the Star Wars Uncut project. When every scene has been finished, the whole thing will be stitched together into the most random, chaotic and original version of George Lucas' space opera classic ever conceived.

The idea is shockingly simple and utterly brilliant, and contributors are taking the creative freedom they've been given to heart: Finished clips include everything from hand-drawn animation to small children who can't yet speak and a handful of Star Wars Pez dispensers trapped inside a slowly closing piano. Some are good, some are bad and some - like the four French guys piled into a small car that's stunt-doubling for the Millennium Falcon - are just downright hilarious.

The Star Wars Uncut team has released an epic two-minute trailer showing off the wide range of styles and skills that will be on display in the final film and it's got me convinced: I must see this movie. You should too! Better yet, head over to starwarsuncut.com [http://starwarsuncut.com/] and claim a scene for yourself. Your 15 seconds await!

via: Slashdot [http://entertainment.slashdot.org/story/09/10/06/1647234/Fans-Come-Together-To-Complete-Star-Wars-Uncut?from=rss]

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Awesome. I'd elaborate but well I guess I'd have put awesome awesome. Then I'd have to elaborate on that it'd be a unending cycle.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
I gave up on the whole "Star Wars" concept around the time they released the second part of the prequel trilogy, but THIS, I will DEFINITELY be checking out!

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
And yet, as crazy and bizzare as even that short trailer is, it'll probably be better than Episode 1 and 2 (Ep 3 was ok by me, but not as great as the original movies; just didn't have as many of the awful forced romance scenes, and young dark vader stopped being a whiny *****).

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
looks interesting

I won't be trying to claim any scenes on the grounds that I have no talent or resources, but I may check this out.

Fritzvalt

Amazing Human Being
May 12, 2009
THIS IS .... GENIUS!

In other words, I love this idea.

I think I saw a Big Lebowski reference... and a Twitter joke.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I've never seen so many different nerds in one video.

A two minute video at that.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
The car thing is just awesome. C3PO never got the thanks he deserved, like Marvin.

What did they give him? A trip to the sun.

WHO THE HELL WANTS TO DO A HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE MOVIE LIKE THIS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Wasn't it Andy Warhol who said in 1968 "In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes"
Looks like he was only out by a factor of 60.

and yes... this will be TEH awesome!!!!

Maybe George Lucas will take a queue from this and realise where he went wrong with the prequel Trilogy.

Strategia

za Rodina, tovarishchii
Mar 21, 2008
I started giggling like a madman about halfway through. I'm thinking about maybe doing a scene myself, it looks like tons of fun.

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
i got to ask, whats stoping them from geting a CnD order, becase if theres nothing i sence a disturbance in the force is about to happen.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Treblaine said:
Maybe George Lucas will take a queue from this and realise where he went wrong with the prequel Trilogy.
Only an act of god or brains surgery will make that happen. Bring forth the bone drill!

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
zidine100 said:
i got to ask, whats stoping them from geting a CnD order, becase if theres nothing i sence a disturbance in the force is about to happen.
I believe it falls under fair use/Parody, which is legal.

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
That looks great! It reminds me of the movie, Be Kind, Rewind, with all the cheesy effects that add style to the movie.