Jack Black Talks Brütal Legend on Jimmy Kimmel Live

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Jack Black Talks Brütal Legend on Jimmy Kimmel Live

Jack Black made a bizarre appearance on Brütal Legend [http://abc.go.com/shows/jimmy-kimmel-live].

Jack Black can be a pretty weird guy and never has that been more apparent than during his Wednesday night appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live. He turned up wearing a Brütal Legend ball cap, Brütal Legend t-shirt and of course the rubber muscle suit that he's been spending a lot of time in lately. That in itself is odd enough but his not-quite-in-character approach to the interview - imagine Eddie Riggs playing Jack Black, instead of the other way around - really puts it over the top.

Black spends most of the interview talking about Brütal Legend but touches on topics like his workout regimen ("tons of steroids"), his dedication to acting and his 40th birthday party as well; he also beats the crap out of some furniture and enlists the help of a fellow roadie to slay a demon hiding in the audience. Yeah, it's like that. I found the whole thing rather amusing but it should go without saying that if you don't like Jack Black, you won't like this.

via: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/16/jack-black-discusses-the-demon-slayers-workout-on-jimmy-kimmel/]

Neesa

Jan 29, 2009
Oh Jack Black. You silly goose you. It's the steroids, man. All that shrinkage isn't good for you.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
That was pretty awesome. I really hope this is helping Brutal Legend's game sales. I played the demo and thought it rocked! Just have to wait until my next paycheck to buy it.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Eddie Riggs impersonating Jack Black, or Jack Black impersonating Eddie Riggs impersonating Jack Black impersonating Christian Bale impersonating Batman? Either way, I wasn't too fond of that voice. It didn't really make sense to me, because even though I've yet to play Brutal Legend, the trailers suggest that Jack uses his natural voice.

Still, he had his moments in this interview, though it would have been significantly better if he used his real voice.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
I had a feeling Jack Black would do something like this.

Still, it would have been cooler if he had actually done some hardcore training and beefed himself up.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I giggled as soon as I saw him flip over the chair.
Something about Jack Black just makes me giggle.

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
The boxing was Xbox... JIMMY IS A FANBOY!

Jack Black for the wizzles! He's so funny =P!

But I don't think I'll buy the game.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
I couldn't take that voice for very long, I had to stop the video.

It's strange, first Schafer on Fallon's show then Jack Black on Kimmel. Game designers as important guests on popular talk shows? I like where this is going, maybe game designers are starting to get more recognition as artists.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Neesa said:
Oh Jack Black. You silly goose you. It's the steroids, man. All that shrinkage isn't good for you.
Look at his face in each of the parts...wearing that suit, his face got redder and his body temp keeps going up gradually...hahaha

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Probably the best way to market a game I've seen in a long time. I wonder how many parents will be buying Brütal Legend on Christmas for their kids this year.

Neesa

Jan 29, 2009
hansari said:
Neesa said:
Look at his face in each of the parts...wearing that suit, his face got redder and his body temp keeps going up gradually...hahaha
I'd imagine that it was really hot under those light and wearing the foam suit. Gotta commend him for taking this really (not really) seriously. Kudos, JB.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
wouldyoukindly99 said:

It's strange, first Schafer on Fallon's show then Jack Black on Kimmel. Game designers as important guests on popular talk shows? I like where this is going, maybe game designers are starting to get more recognition as artists.
Fallon has come out of the gaming closet and is really an avid gamer and has been trying to get them more mainstream.

As for Kimmel...no Idea his stance on gaming...his show is just sometimes sad...

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
mrfft said:
wouldyoukindly99 said:

Fallon has come out of the gaming closet and is really an avid gamer and has been trying to get them more mainstream.

As for Kimmel...no Idea his stance on gaming...his show is just sometimes sad...
Until I see Ken Levine on Larry King Live I shall not be satisfied! If he ever makes another game that is.