Watch Princess Robot Bubblegum Anime in GTA: Gay Tony

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Watch Princess Robot Bubblegum Anime in GTA: Gay Tony

The latest Ballad of Gay Tony trailer skewers anime with advertisements for a new in-game TV series called Princess Robot Bubblegum.

Now, I like my fair share of anime, but I also recognize that as a medium, it can be ... well, silly at times. There's lots of stuff there to mock, and mocking satire is what Rockstar does best. So, we get Princess Robot Bubblegum, a story about a hypersexualized nymphomaniac who gets tied up by tentacle monsters, transforms into a robot with boobie-missiles, and who is trained in ninja combat.

Yeah, that sounds about right to me.

Princess Robot Bubblegum is one of the new in-game TV shows that will be watchable in Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony, which hits shelves (and digital distribution) this Thursday.

masher

Jul 20, 2009
XD
This honestly made my day, and I've got the flu!
"...and deals with bad translations and dubbing!"
Hahahahaha! Yay..!

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Yeah, that's a pretty good portrayal of anything not on before midnight. All the daytime stuff is this without the obvious fan service.

Does anyone know what the entire "bad translation" phrase is? I can make out "Dead body freezer..." then it sounds like "mog stelophan."

Rathy

Aug 21, 2008
That is an awesome video. I love just how accurate all of the portrayals are for most of the translations and fan service...

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
This is just another reason for me to pick this game up once I get the money for a system.

Jun 6, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
That's hilarious.

But I never really got into GTA...
Yea, but that's the point! If there was no GTA logo in the entire film it would still make you laugh!

They just have their ad in there so it tempts you to buy it and watch more of this craziness!

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
After hearing all the adverts for this in the game, I want to see the whole show they do for it.

Feb 13, 2008

If they bring out PRBG figures, they'd make a fortune. Anime is self-satirizing at its best.

Obviously it's far too base for me to wonder about the channels acronym, what it stands for and who it satirizes.

Seriously Rockstar, there's definitely marketing potential there.

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
I'm trying not to laugh through the whole thing but it keeps slipping out XD Someone has to buy the guy that came up with this idea a beer! X'D

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
GTA cracks me up. I still love the hillybilly halo parody...

But to be honest, if I actually could get the DLC for GTA IV, I wouldn't be spending a lot of time watching TV.