This Quiz Is a Battlefield

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
This Quiz Is a Battlefield

War. War never changes - and neither does our fascination with the battlefield. Whether it's a dogfight in the skies over Europe, or a dense jungle on an alien world, there's something about military conflict that never ceases to capture our imaginations.

This week's quiz is all about wars in videogames - some fictional, some not. As always, you can take as long as you like, but remember: Your overall time will affect your position on the leaderboards.

Grab a weapon and prepare to fight! (Take the quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/38].)

Got a quiz of your own you'd like to submit? Send it to [email protected]. If we use it, you'll receive a special badge! Please be sure to put "Quiz" as the subject and include your forum name with your submission.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
50%. Not too bad.
It was bloody hard, though.

Mantheron

Jul 10, 2009
Where does the illustration come from? I must say I like the concept quite a lot.

Woem

May 28, 2009
There I aced it, with only knowing the tagline question.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Mantheron said:
Where does the illustration come from? I must say I like the concept quite a lot.
Accession No.: 07_01_000023

Title: United we are strong. United we will win

Artist: Koerner, Henry

Issuing Agency: United States. Office of War Information

Publisher: U. S. Government Printing Office

Date: 1943

Genre: War posters

Extent: 1 print (poster) : color

Description: Ring of firing guns, each with an Allied flag wrapped around it.

Notes: U.S. Government Printing Office : 1943--O-527286; OWI Poster No. 64. Additional copies may be obtained upon request from the Division of Public Inquiries, Office of War Information, Washington, D. C.

Period: World War, 1939-1945

Subjects: Propaganda; Artillery (Weaponry)

BPL Department: Print Department

Rights: Public Domain

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Thingo said:
I think that's the easiest quiz i've done.
And yet you only got 70%?
I managed to scrounge up a 100% after my fifth go. Wooo, 7th on the list!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
FOURTH, FOURTH, FOURTH!!

After 2nd try. Damn Darkest of Days... Still, waiting for the badge.

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
I was a bit let down that there was no BF/BF2 questions... guess there was a Bad Company one :/

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Neat...one question almost got me though, the 'Silent Hunter 2' question. It's not -exactly- the thing the answer supplies, but close enough I guess. :p

Quick Ben

Oct 27, 2008
Woo! Currently holding 3rd place. I got to admit I took a few educated guesses though...

Woem

May 28, 2009
ph3onix said:
90% I have no Idea where I'm wrong.
You can retake the quiz if you like. You can also view which question you had wrong by clicking on the spoiler box below that link.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
I just got first place, 100% on the first go in One minute and eight seconds, how very odd

Bask in my knowledge of War games lowly mortals :)

The irony is I'm more of an RPG kinda guy