Valve Unleashes the Team Fortress 2 Halloween Special

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Valve Unleashes the Team Fortress 2 Halloween Special

Halloween is just around the corner and that can only mean one thing: It's time for the first-ever Terrifying Team Fortress 2 Haunted Halloween Special!

Halloween is the best holiday ever! Dressing up, running around the neighborhood with your friends, eating junk food until your ears bleed, worshiping the Devil - how could it possibly be better? Here's how: With the addition of the Team Fortress 2 Haunted Halloween Special, a super-spooky pagan update to the game that adds festively frightening new Achievements, hats and more!

The Halloween update will feature five new Achievements like "Costume Contest" and "Attack o' Lantern," which will unlock the Mildly Disturbing Halloween Hats, "moldering, eldritch veils of such manifold depravity, the human eye will not process the sheer enormity of their malevolence." A new King of the Hill map called "Harvest" is also included, but this isn't just a normal map: This one is haunted by the ghost of Zephiniah Mann, a restless, malevolent spirit who will render all he meets paralyzed with fear!

What else is there? Exploding pumpkins! And candy! The Ghastly Gibus! It's like all the awesomeness of real Halloween, without the aggravation of your lame-o parents telling you not to eat all that crap at once or you'll make yourself sick. That kind of freedom doesn't come along every day, you know. So go stuff your face at teamfortress.com [http://www.teamfortress.com/pumpkinpatch/]!

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Sounds interesting, I hope the update makes the game work with my laptop! It used to, but a prior update took away support from my graphics chipset.

CuervoJoe

Apr 13, 2009
I'm probably going to be buying TF2 tommorow (little late, lol), just in time for this.
Awesomeness!

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Lordmarkus said:
The ghost feature are one of the best ever. Couldn't stop laughing the first time.
Oooooooohhhh... (Unearthly moan)

I've already got all the achievements and hats. The candy is damned annoying to get; I'd recommend playing as a scout, as they can run over to the candy faster. The map design isn't anything to write home about, but the special features of the update make playing it worthwhile.

Tairan

Mar 21, 2009
the Scout looks cool with that bag over his head as soon as i get it i will play as the scout forever!

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
You know what would be really scary? If they updated the Xbox 360 version of TF2. I would be absolutely shocked anyway, since Valve seems to have completely forgotten us...

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
Now if only my piss-whipped laptop could handle anything more than flashgames, I'd actually get the damn game. But as it is I cant run it.
cball11 said:
I know right? I can't abide mouse and keyboard fps interface, or else I'd have grabbed a PC copy by now. I'm getting tired of the entirely unpatched tf2 on 360 though. I haven't played in a while. If all the patched were added simultaneously, it would be like a whole new game. I'd be playing nonstop for weeks.

Worst thing though? I dunno who to blame for the lack of updates on xlive. Is it Microsoft's fault? or Valve's? I'm willing to say Valve, since there's no shortage of dlc for Left4Dead. Microsoft doesn't seem to be holding out on them, it's the other way around.
You do know that you can get a 360 controller for your computer right?

Racistman3d

Jul 6, 2009
LordCuthberton said:
Antiparticle said:
You know what would be really scary? If they updated the Xbox 360 version of TF2. I would be absolutely shocked anyway, since Valve seems to have completely forgotten us...
My post exactly.

[small] You bloody ninja[/small]
Hey, at least you were promised dlc, us ps3 players didn't even get that....

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
cball11 said:
I know right? I can't abide mouse and keyboard fps interface, or else I'd have grabbed a PC copy by now. I'm getting tired of the entirely unpatched tf2 on 360 though. I haven't played in a while. If all the patched were added simultaneously, it would be like a whole new game. I'd be playing nonstop for weeks.
I don't have a problem with playing FPS games on the PC, but the newest games my PC can run is stuff like Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament 2004. Certainly not Team Fortress 2. I agree, if the 360 version suddenly turned into the PC version overnight it would be like Team Fortress 3 for us, so much has been changed and added by now.

Worst thing though? I dunno who to blame for the lack of updates on xlive. Is it Microsoft's fault? or Valve's? I'm willing to say Valve, since there's no shortage of dlc for Left4Dead. Microsoft doesn't seem to be holding out on them, it's the other way around.
Noone seems to know for sure. Some people say it's because Microsoft doesn't allow free DLC so Valve wants to release all the class updates in one big DLC once they've all been released on the PC, other people say Valve simply doesn't give a damn about the console players and will never release the updates, Valve themselves have indicated that there are technical problems with making all the extra content work on the 360... I dunno. I guess we can only wait and hope one day there'll be good news for us too.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
It's time like this that make me angry I don't have the computer version...

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
cball11 said:
I actually have one. Does it work for tf2? I tried using it for KOTOR2 but it wouldn't work under any circumstances.
I dont know, I dont have one. As I said my computer is piss-whipped in terms of gaming power, so I dont bother with PC gaming.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
I'd feel a little silly buying TF2 on Steam when I already own the Orange Box for my 360.

But I might have to. I feel like I'm missing out.

Simply Simon

Aug 17, 2009
Damn! Why did I have to send my pc in for repairs this week?

Now all I have is a netbook, and it can't run anything better than fallout 2.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
As shown here the taunts get in the way :D
But they are friggin hilarious