Infinity Ward Says No to the Wii

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Infinity Ward Says No to the Wii

Don't hold your breath waiting for Infinity Ward [http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/] says Nintendo's console just doesn't have the stones to deliver the gameplay experience it wants to create.

The original Activision [http://www.callofduty.com/codmw] will eventually have someone work up a Wii version of Modern Warfare 2 (the Wii edition of the original, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex, doesn't come out until November 10) but one thing is certain: If it does happen, Infinity Ward won't have anything to do with it.

"If we felt like we could deliver the cinematic experience we were going for on other platforms, then we would gladly move to [the Wii]," Infinity Ward Community Manager Robert Bowling told Develop [http://www.develop-online.net/news/33183/Infinity-Ward-Wii-cant-deliver-on-our-goals]. "Right now, we don't think the Wii can deliver the exact experience that we're doing. We like to be very equal across all platforms, and if it's not equal then we won't do it."

He also mentioned that no decision has been made about what the studio will do once Modern Warfare 2 is completed. "Once this is done, maybe we'll see about doing something new. If we do want to do something else, then we will do it," he continued. "We don't feel tied to making Call of Duty games. We still make Call of Duty games because we're having fun doing it. And when it stops being fun, we'll move onto something else."

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
I'm looking forward to seeing what they try next. It's interesting news, because I figured they'd turn Modern Warfare into a trilogy.

wolfy098

May 1, 2009
Ironically if you used the gun it would play better than on most consoles...

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
They're right to be honest. The Wii's controls and graphics just won't handle MW2's atmosphere and play experience.

Baggie

Sep 3, 2009
True to their style lately, they'd use the wii, but they'd have you use a gamecube controller.

Seriously though, it's not too suprising. Hardcore modern military games and an inaccurate motion sensor based console is just entirely incompadible.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
wolfy098 said:
Call Of Duty: Rail Shooter? No, thanks.
And that last part of the interview is really interesting, I can't imagine what else could IW create besides COD.

C0nn0r666

Oct 19, 2008
My friend who owns a wii and was so happy that he's getting modern warfare for it is going to be pissed

VonVirgo

Mar 25, 2009
Give them a point for being honest (in a 'head-stuck-up-in-the-ass' kinda way).

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
scnj said:
I'm looking forward to seeing what they try next. It's interesting news, because I figured they'd turn Modern Warfare into a trilogy.
I agree. I seen a trilogy coming out of Modern warfare and then possibly future warfare afterwards. After that i think they would justs top the COD series, everywhere has to stop at some point.

Also, poor Wii. Although i dont think i can imagine modern warfare on the Wii to be honest, im to used to ps3 & 360.

PsiMatrix

Gray Jedi
Feb 4, 2008
Malygris said:
The original Activision [http://www.callofduty.com/codmw] will eventually have someone work up a Wii version of Modern Warfare 2 (the Wii edition of the original, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex, doesn't come out until November 10) but one thing is certain: If it does happen, Infinity Ward won't have anything to do with it.
But from the sound of it; they didn't have anything to do with the first one either so they already said no to the Wii.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
Malygris said:
"Once this is done, maybe we'll see about doing something new. If we do want to do something else, then we will do it," he continued. "We don't feel tied to making Call of Duty games. We still make Call of Duty games because we're EDIT: making money with it. And when it stops making money, we'll move onto something else."
there fixed that for ya!

and well... if they are not making more call of duty games, that means activision is looking at a time where we will want more out of our videogames

and not downgrading the videogame to fit Wii standards was a great move in my oppinion, that way they dont make a dissapointing game for the fans that own a wii (and make them buy a more expensive console) nice move haha

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Well, if Call of Duty 3 on the Wii is anything to go by, I think I'll skip Call of Duty 4

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I can't say I'm surprised by this.

I do wonder, though, if Modern Warfare: Reflex will turn out to be good. I doubt it will, but I heard that the Wii's World at War was actually fairly good, so I guess there's a chance Reflex won't suck.

wolfy098

May 1, 2009
Journeythroughhell said:
wolfy098 said:
And that last part of the interview is really interesting, I can't imagine what else could IW create besides COD.
no you could use the keypad to move around

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Man, MW2 and IW are certainly making the case for being the best producers of obvious news articles this week.
IW has yet to touch the Wii, and given the style that they roll with, it's unlikely that they'll ever touch it. If the controvertial scene in MW2 is any indication, their target audiences probably don't game primarily on the Wii.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
wolfy098 said:
Journeythroughhell said:
wolfy098 said:
Not a very good control scheme.

wolfy098

May 1, 2009
Journeythroughhell said:
wolfy098 said:
Journeythroughhell said:
wolfy098 said:
maybe I figured it would work well

theory <_ Reality

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
wolfy098 said:
Journeythroughhell said:
wolfy098 said:
Journeythroughhell said:
wolfy098 said:
maybe I figured it would work well

theory <_ Reality
Nah, not with Call Of Duty at least.