Review: Tekken 6

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Review: Tekken 6

It's Tekken as you know it, for better or for worse.

Read Full Article

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Wait...there's a dragon?
This raises a question: why would they add any more characters?
I know I'd only use the giant purple dragon. Ever.

Good review, Funk!
I think I'll rent it during Thanksgiving.
I miss kicking my brothers around.
Onscreen, that is.

Necrith

Feb 13, 2008
the dragon makes no sense, and is just annoying to fight against.
Not challenging , just frustrating to the bone.
selecting costume pieces is really annoying because of loading times.
single player story is annoying to unlock.

other then those things, the 1 VS 1 fights against friends feels really well done, and keeps me addicted to the game.
basically, every thing that is/was good, they are good at now, everything that is new is really bad.

Nicragomi

Jul 12, 2009
I quit following the storyline after Heihachi threw Kazuya into the volcano, then made a deal with the devil to become devil so he could live, only to come back and have his ass re-thrown into the same volcano, then only to be resurrected by G-Corp by genetic testing- christ, this shit is bananas to explain, I just wanna be the crap out of everyone with Heihachi :)

I'm gonna have to get this, looks pretty good.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
I have to admit, I never really got into the Tekken series on a long-term basis. Back in the day I used to play it a lot when Tekken 3 was the hot shit. I even got into it to the point where I tracked-down the first two games so I could see a bit more of the series' history, but as I played more and more fighting games, Tekken started to feel more and more bland. It just felt, to me, like the game was more about making the fights look flashy and less about having an interesting fighting system.

After trying Tekken 4 at a friend's house and finding that my primary two characters had completely different moves lists, I just stopped caring. It wasn't worth it to completely re-learn the game when I was having more fun with other fighters anyways.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
the giant crystal dragon can enter the martial art tournament so long as it has the same hit box as everyone else :p

XD

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
DTWolfwood said:
the giant crystal dragon can enter the martial art tournament so long as it has the same hit box as everyone else :p

XD
It's freaking huge, man. If it has the same hitbox as everyone else he'll be unbeatable.

Just a question though, Mr. Funk, is there a reason you didn't show Nancy? It would have shot the ridiculousness factor past 11 if you did.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Syntax Error said:
It's freaking huge, man. If it has the same hitbox as everyone else he'll be unbeatable.

Just a question though, Mr. Funk, is there a reason you didn't show Nancy? It would have shot the ridiculousness factor past 11 if you did.
so what are u saying he is easier to hit <.< if thats the case how is it fair to the giant crystal dragon XD

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
DTWolfwood said:
Syntax Error said:

so what are u saying he is easier to hit <.< if thats the case how is it fair to the giant crystal dragon XD
I've seen people beat him in the arcades in these here parts. If he had a smaller hitbox, he'd be harder to hit and the fight with him will be more unnecessarily difficult. If he's immune to juggles and stagger attacks, well, that's a different story altogether.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
johnx61 said:
In all honesty, Tekken is a game that should stop pretending it has a storyline. The storyline simply makes characters that could be awesome thoroughly unlikable. Alisa, or as I like to call her "Chainsaw Barbie", is the best example of a character that is uniquely awesome in design and irritatingly worthless in characterization. Nothing ruins an awesomely hot, combat gynoid like a sterotypical anime personality.
I agree. I was mystified with the characters and settings of blazeblue, until it was ruined for me in single player.

Fighting games should not have a story.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
johnx61 said:
In all honesty, Tekken is a game that should stop pretending it has a storyline. The storyline simply makes characters that could be awesome thoroughly unlikable. Alisa, or as I like to call her "Chainsaw Barbie", is the best example of a character that is uniquely awesome in design and irritatingly worthless in characterization. Nothing ruins an awesomely hot, combat gynoid like a sterotypical anime personality.
I think it would be cool if a long-running series like Street Fighter or Tekken or Virtua Fighter Acknowledged in-game that the story was nonsense and just had a ridiculous parody story. At some point some people would be fighting, then it urns out that the villain got the heroes confused and other ridiculous things would keep happening. You could even have one of those relationship maps, but have it be just a jumble of arrows labled with nonsense.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
randommaster said:
johnx61 said:
I think it would be cool if a long-running series like Street Fighter or Tekken or Virtua Fighter Acknowledged in-game that the story was nonsense and just had a ridiculous parody story. At some point some people would be fighting, then it urns out that the villain got the heroes confused and other ridiculous things would keep happening. You could even have one of those relationship maps, but have it be just a jumble of arrows labled with nonsense.
SNK has sort of done that with its King of Fighters games. One of the most notable (to me at least) examples was SNK Gals Fighters, featuring SD-versions of a bunch of female KoF fighters and a cross-dressing Iori Yagami as the boss.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
hURR dURR dERP said:
randommaster said:
johnx61 said:
SNK has sort of done that with its King of Fighters games. One of the most notable (to me at least) examples was SNK Gals Fighters, featuring SD-versions of a bunch of female KoF fighters and a cross-dressing Iori Yagami as the boss.
What I want to see is someone swearing vengeance against the final boss because they killed their mother/father/whatever, only to have the boss point out that they are that person, and that they saw each other that morning.