GameStop Pre-Order Bonus Adds Wesker To Lost Planet 2

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
GameStop Pre-Order Bonus Adds Wesker To Lost Planet 2

No longer content to antagonize the plucky survivors of Resident Evil's ongoing zombie apocalypse, Albert Wesker has joined the cast of Capcom's Lost Planet 2 -- that is, assuming you pre-order the game from GameStop.

Wesker, the seemingly unkillable, T-Virus addicted sociopath, appears as a playable skin alongside an oversized revolver that looks as if its recoil would tear off your entire arm. Capcom's official announcement includes a handy pre-order link [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75038] for those of you who simply can't wait to shoot at ugly bug aliens with a wildly out of place character.

As much as I'm staunchly against the entire pre-order concept -- doubly so the teenage register jockeys who bother me about it every time I deign to purchase a game from any retail location -- I like this pre-order bonus. Sticking Capcom characters in the firm's other series is a neat bit of fan service and not too difficult for the developers to implement either.

Still, I don't know that Wesker was the best choice for an unexpected character cameo. If Capcom really wanted to ensure droves of pre-orders, they should have skewed things a bit more esoteric. Besides, it's not like Red Arremer [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Arremer] is doing much these days anyway.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Hasn't Capcom already proven with Dead Rising that Megaman would be the most destructive character if released in another game (especially if he could charge the buster)?

...Wait, no I'd have to say Dead Rising proved that their most dangerous character was Frank West. Somehow being a reporter who covers wars makes it so you're able to shove your hand in someone's stomach and disembowel them (along with using every small object on the ground for murder, seriously, how did that game not attrach controversy?!). Plus he did all of this with an injured leg.

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
A pre-order from Gamestop, huh? I assume that means it's NA only. A friend of mine is going to scream when she hears that. Her love for Wesker makes the crazy Twilight fangirls seem reasonable in comparison, so if she's unable to play as him because she happens to live in Britain, stuff's going to get broken.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!

Wesker's pretty cool, but it'd help if all his Resident Evil 5 lines weren't so hammy.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
So if we pre-order this, we'll be able to play as Resident Evil's coolest villain? That's pretty nifty. I'm not getting the game anyway, being that I hated the original Lost Planet, but this should be pretty cool for fans of both franchises.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Lame. Golden lancers (albeit not as lame) all over again. If he didnt lo out of palce maybe, but it really will be annoying seeing lame Weskers bouncing on giant akrid.

Flos

Aug 2, 2008
Kiutu said:
Lame. Golden lancers (albeit not as lame) all over again. If he didnt lo out of palce maybe, but it really will be annoying seeing lame Weskers bouncing on giant akrid.
If your gamertag has Chris in it I'll do you a favor and chase you around. :3

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Pretty soon, everyone online is going to be screaming CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
thats sick if i were gonna get that game i would pre-order it. but i wasn't planning on it so...

but that is serously cool

Beyond D espair

Nov 11, 2009
Psychosocial said:
Does this apply for other countries than USA? Because I'd pre-order it now if it worked for Sweden as well. I were already planing on buying Lost Planet 2, but if pre-ordering it would get me freaking Albert Wesker, oh dear god YES.

Unkillable my ass

I was wondering the same thing.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Amnestic said:
CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!

Wesker's pretty cool, but it'd help if all his lines weren't so hammy.
Fixed, there hasn't been a single thing uttered by Albert Wesker that wasn't over-the-top ridiculous.

Also the thought of time-traveling Albert Wesker has me confused yet intrigued.

hansari said:
I'd rather have Jill, "The master of unlocking"...
I'd rather have Barry Burton since he's very adept at finding weapons that are "very powerful, especially against living things!"

T'Generalissimo

Nov 9, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
Wesker, the seemingly unkillable, T-Virus addicted sociopath, appears as a playable skin alongside an oversized revolver that looks as if its recoil would tear off your entire arm.

I...I don't think that's actually a revolver.