BioWare Teases "Something Cool" For Dragon Age on Thursday

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BioWare Teases "Something Cool" For Dragon Age on Thursday

There's not much to go on, but Dragon Age: Origins [http://www.bioware.com] website on Thursday.

A Facebook page [http://twitter.com/biofeed/status/5841704092].

What could it be? We don't know, of course, which is what makes it interesting. New DLC perhaps? The announcement of a sequel? Another ridiculously ill-conceived music video? (Hopefully it's not that.)

Since there's absolutely zero indication of what the studio has up its sleeve, I'm going to fish around on my wish list for ideas and let me tell you, I'm wishing for a patch that increases the maximum party size to six. Seriously, guys, four just isn't cutting it; we had six in Baldur's Gate [http://www.bioware.com/games/baldurs_gate/] and I'd sure like to be able to cram a couple more swords onto Team Malygris in Dragon Age, too.

(Yeah, it'll probably be more DLC.)

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Hurhgnnnghnn

i want to play it soooo baddddd

but i cannot til after the new year-- too many publications to prepare!!!

Cortheya

Elite Member
Jan 10, 2009
I really hope you're right about the increased party size to at least 5 :( I use two tanks a healer and myself as an arcane warrior and could really use the DPS.

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
It will probably be new DLC, but in regards to you wanted six guys just because you could in Baldur's Gate isn't likely and is unnecessary in my opinion as four works just fine for me and anyone else i know playing, but to each their own.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
If it's new DLC, I wonder if I'll have to start a new game to get it. I'm stuck on the final battle, mainly due to unexpected massive lag making it unplayable. Still, Cassius had a few loose ends to tie up before heading off to face the final boss, so this'll be interesting.

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
It's probably a complete recall of all DA:O copies because people bitched about the DLC.

Seriously though, why do a story if all you have is "They said they'd have something on their site, could be leprechauns! Could be rice pudding!"?
Wait for the update at least.

Spleenbag

Dec 16, 2007
I kinda don't want an increased party, for roleplaying reasons. I'm playing a guy who would roughly translate to Neutral Good, so I really only like Alistair, Zhevran, and Leliana, and I can tolerate Sten. However, Morrigan's a *****, Shale's not human, Jack's a dog, and I haven't found the other warrior yet.

Also, Zhevran can't pick any locks and Leliana's bad at fighting except at range, which negates her other talents anyway. What the fuck, BioWare.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
DLC is starting to bother me. I feel like companies are not releasing full games, then expecting you to pony up 20 bucks to really hav ethe complete thing.

ArchBlade

Pointy Object Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2008
As neat as more DLC would, be, I hope deep down it's not. I can't even get that promotional DLC to work on the social network, I'd rather not have more DLC piled on top. Oh well, hopefully it'll be something we can all enjoy.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Yeah their social network site is pretty laggy, babysteps I guess.

Has anyone looked at the Toolset yet?

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
ark123 said:
Seriously though, why do a story if all you have is "They said they'd have something on their site, could be leprechauns! Could be rice pudding!"?
Because a lot of readers probably don't follow Dragon Age on Twitter or Facebook, so this is a good opportunity for them to become aware that something's up.

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
If Bioware caves to the BG fanbase and increases party size to six I'm going to murder someone with a plastic spoon. Haven't decided whether I'll use the spoon in the act or find someone who has such a spoon and take them out. Beware of plastic spoons regardless if such an (unlikely) update occurs!

On a more serious note, I really don't see the need. The game feels perfectly balanced around a party of four.

Thanks for the article though. I avoid Facebook, Twitter and their ilk like the plague.