Save the Music In Daft Punk: The Game

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Save the Music In Daft Punk: The Game

French dance music kings Daft Punk's collection of cheesy samples has been stolen, and only you can help them get it back in Daft Punk: The Game.

You should probably be familiar with the music of French disco-dance outfit Daft Punk: The Game [http://www.daftpunk.com/].

In the game, fellow French dance floor connoisseurs Justice have stolen all of Daft Punk's samples (just like they stole their music style, am I right?) and it's up to you to guide one of the Daft Punks through two levels of rudimentary 2D platforming to get them back.

With the midnight Parisian skyline as a backdrop, you have to collect different record icons that represent samples like Will Smith's "Gettin Jiggy Wit It" and one hit wonder Vanessa Carlton's "A Thousand Miles." Meanwhile a chiptunes version of the group's hit song "One More Time" plays in the background. Pro tip: whenever you jump on the head of an enemy a clip of the "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" part of that song plays: chain a kill and it'll play the next part of the clip, chain enough kills and you hear the entire thing.

There are just two levels here and it doesn't matter if you actually collect the samples or not. Still, it's a fun timekiller for anyone familiar with the group and maybe a decent introduction to them for those who aren't. Beware, however. You only get three lives and instant death lurks around every corner.

[Via Offworld [http://www.offworld.com/2009/04/daft-punk-the-game.html]]

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
Here I was thinking they'd be just crazy enough to actually have an official game. I hope nobody gets copyright-happy.

neuromasser

Jan 20, 2009
I played it and died. And died. And died. And... I should play platformers more often, I really suck at them. Also great video^^^^

Crowghast

Aug 29, 2008
I gasp audibly.

I haven't listened to Daft Punk in ages. Techno music starts to wear on you after a while, but I enjoyed them while it lasted.

Is it worth it? I shall soon see...

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
It's okay. A good amateur game. I made something like it in my second year, but I didn't put it online (it was a C++ game, nothing fancy).

goater24

Feb 5, 2008
Going to play the game when I get home, but as a fan of French Electro I feel it unfair that the article brands Justice a rip-of act.

French Techno has certain signatures that many groups utilise. Now Daft Punk are the best known of their particular use of them but its not to take away from the bodies of work from groups like Birdy Nam Nam, Justice Air, Agoria, Digitialism, DJ Cam and a whole host of other leading Electro artists. Sweeping statements spared the game looks like it will kill 5 mins!

Neesa

Jan 29, 2009
Oh Daft Punk. How I love you guys. I detested Kayne West for sampling "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger". I detest Daft Punk for allowing Apple to use "Technologic" for their commercials. I detest fans even more that never knew who Daft Punk was before the iPod commercials. The game was kinda fun. I don't need a game to listen to the whole song when I can turn on my music and just listen to them. Yeah, I got my iPod back before that damn commercial. -hugs her iPod- Going on 4 years and still going strong. ♥

My iPod, not you advertising department at Apple HQ. You guys can bite me.

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
goater24 said:
Going to play the game when I get home, but as a fan of French Electro I feel it unfair that the article brands Justice a rip-of act.
I was just joking!

clubjesse

May 20, 2009
Pretty groovy. There's a sequel up now too with more levels and more electro superstar cameos so rare!

http://www.pedestrian.tv/blogs/view/2547/daft-punk-electrowars-2.0-.htm