Tony Hawk: Ride UK Giveaway

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
Tony Hawk: Ride UK Giveaway

If you've ever wanted to actually feel like you're pulling off all those moves in the Tony Hawk games, but never had the stamina, skill, skateboard, or insurance to try, here's the perfect chance to mimic those moves with a new copy of Tony Hawk:Ride, and a pair of Vans sneakers to complete your look.

We have one copy of Tony Hawk: Ride [http://www.thride.com/] to give away on your console of choice, along with a new pair of "No Skool Tre" Vans to lace up, so you can look the part while performing that double kickflip.

Get your thrashing gear in order, CLICK HERE [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/tonyhawkride] to enter and try not to kick the board into the TV. This contest is valid through November 27, 2009.

(You must be a resident of the UK to enter.)

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I need those shoes! I've worn through all my other skate shoes. :(
Someone in my friends group needs to get this to see how closely it resembles skating as well, looks fun. :D

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Done and done.

Finances dictate that I can't buy it, but I wouldn't mind winning it... :p

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
sirdanrhodes said:
Entered, but I here the game is, well, utter shit.
Cliff_m85 said:
Too bad the prize is "a seriously bad game". Sorry UK'ers.
No worries, I wouldn't play it anyway. I've entered though, because if I win then I'll keep the shoes (since they're cool and my Converse are too small for me now) and I'll just sell the game and the peripheral. Then I can use the money to buy a decent game that I'll actually play, like Mass Effect 1/2 and AC2 and so on...

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
sirdanrhodes said:
I hated DJ Hero, but I played it for an hour to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I tried the Tony Hawk thing for 10 minutes and couldn't stand it anymore. The controller is very very very very very very very unresponsive. A big delay in what you do on it compared to what happens in game. It renders it unplayable, really.

Though selling it would get a good 50-60 pounds.

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
Cliff_m85 said:
sirdanrhodes said:
I hated DJ Hero, but I played it for an hour to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I tried the Tony Hawk thing for 10 minutes and couldn't stand it anymore. The controller is very very very very very very very unresponsive. A big delay in what you do on it compared to what happens in game. It renders it unplayable, really.

Ironic, seems like this dog can play it just fine:

I'm not saying that it wasn't responsive enough, just saying that dog owners might also like it.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Cliff_m85 said:
£50 to £60!?

Jezuz, tell me where you sell your second-hand games!

Edit: Just realised it has a new-fangled controller thingy so fair enough...