Get Your Graffiti in Crackdown 2

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Get Your Graffiti in Crackdown 2

Ruffian Games, makers of Crackdown 2, need your help in adding graffiti to the streets of Pacific City.

The design team at Ruffian is holding a contest to have your art submissions be added to Crackdown 2 as in-game graffiti. The deadline is December 9th, and judging from the submission on the website from lead designer, Steve Iannetta, (pictured) you have a pretty good chance of making the cut. Crackdown 2 is set to be released in May 2010.

The contest website [http://www.ruffiangames.com/competition] describes Pacific City as a "mess" in Crackdown 2, which takes place ten years after the first game:

Deranged freaks roam the landscape, buildings have been wrecked beyond recognition, burnt out husks of cars litter the highways, there's dog mess and graffiti everywhere. Well, not quite graffiti everywhere yet as we haven't quite got round to drawing it yet.

"And that's where you guys come in," the website goes on to say. "Lazy swine that we are we thought we'd ask you to do our work for us."

At least they're honest about it.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Hmm... Maybe I'll draw something refering to something else... How cool wouldn't it be to have one's drawing become an easter egg in a high profile video game?

I'll have to think hard on this. World domination is imminent!

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Wasn't the city a "mess" in the first one too?
But yeah I'd get involved in this if I weren't a lazy bugger.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Actually, if you think about it, Iannetta's submission is perfect.
Not every bit of graffiti is, you know, good. In fact, most of it is pretty awful.
Not because of a lack of skill or talent, though. Merely because they are lazy and/or rushed.

I would send in an entry, but I'm not good enough.
I can't do any of that broad, confident strokes stuff. To make something look lazy in just the right way, I would have to work for hours.
Sad as it sounds.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Sir Ollie said:

I'm soooooo going to win this!
Yoink!

Nah just messing with you, I love the way the websites written. Crackdown 2 may be worth it if the instruction manual follows along those lines

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Alright microsoft, We'll trade a port of Infamous for this to also be made for PS3. We'll also throw in lair *snicker*

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
I'm really enjoying this trend of developers turning to their community to help with small pieces of the game, I'm definitely in on this.