Doomsday Arcade: Episode Eight

Timtimfed

Oct 2, 2008
Episode Eight

Lund and Shanks seek refuge from the game apocalypse with cave-dwelling forum-trollers and prepare for their next battle.

Watch Video

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I thought this was quite a we<font color=red>ak episode but I suppose it was just setting up for the next one so fair enough. I'm expecting the next episode to be nothing short of epic.

Goatlemon

Jan 15, 2009
Who was the Australian game character?

Not a bad episode, much better than the usual advance the plot type of episode, but the ending was a bit, er, uncomfortable; I'm not good with confrontation. :(

Goatlemon

Jan 15, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Ollie596 said:
Wonder if the Escapist trolls act like that
Obviously not. Not enough talk about HALO. ;)
Goatlemon said:
Who was the Australian game character?
TF2 Sniper mate.
Ah, thanks. I've never played TF2; I think that whole Valve/Half Life/Team Fortress/Portal thing is overrated. Yes, I'm aware I'll probably be exiled from the Internet for saying that.

Is that character Australian in the game, or is that something this show added?

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Goatlemon said:
Is that character Australian in the game, or is that something this show added?
I thought he was British with the whole "God save the Queen" stuff but it looks like i was wrong

Goatlemon

Jan 15, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Meet The Sniper

And seriously? Valve overrated? Have you played any of the games?
Thanks. I'm assuming that video wasn't set in Australia, because if it was he was driving on the wrong side of the road. ;)

Yes, I've played some of Valve's games. I've played the original Half Life, some of the second and I've played through Portal. I've never played Team Fortress as I don't like online gaming.

Why would I say they're overrated if I've never played them? I've played a few of them and I just don't see the big deal.

NinjaKirby1322

Feb 25, 2009
Pretty funny setup episode. Next week should be pretty interesting, seeing as how the TF2 Sniper's involved.

Also, anyone have a guess as to President Segali's "Master"?

Feb 13, 2008
Goatlemon said:
Why would I say they're overrated if I've never played them? I've played a few of them and I just don't see the big deal.
You'd be surprised at some of the comments we get. :)

As for the boss, it's got to be someone who's usually seen on a static filled screen. Someone who would benefit from the right man in the right place. Someone with a briefcase?

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
TEEEEEEAAAM FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORTRESS!

Next episode is going to be amazing. At least it better be, or it won't just be video games you'll have to watch out for.