What Is the Cast of Star Trek: TNG Actually Saying?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
What Is the Cast of Star Trek: TNG Actually Saying?

The conversations that we heard Captain Picard, Geordi LaForge and Data had on the bridge of the Enterprise might not have been what they were actually saying ... at least, not from a lip-reader's point of view.

I have immense respect for people who can read lips, because it is an incredibly difficult skill to learn. If nothing else, that is something that you should take away from the above clip, because it shows just how easily our brain can be confused into thinking that somebody is saying one thing when they're actually saying something else entirely.

The other thing to take away from the above clip is that when you're confused into thinking that someone is saying something that they're not, it can be completely hilarious. I literally laughed until I cried. This is gold, Jerry. Gold!

(And okay, okay, Susan Arendt was the one who found this one. Credit where credit is due.)

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Holy wow. Now I know why they censored it and put some technobabble instead xD

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
I do believe that this has made my day a little happier.
These guys have got talent, no doubt about it. Awesome work.

I'm actually not sure what my favorite line is. It would have to be either "Watch me eat 450 fuckin' hard-boiled eggs" or "Ninjas. Hijacked. My mother. Shoot Steven before we go."

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
WAAAAAAT???

Now I really want to learn how to read lips :D
[small]And I want some apple juice...[/small]

obisean

May the Force Be With Me
Feb 3, 2009
Now lip reading will become a hot thing to learn simply for the comedy factor. Get in contact with you local community college now, class are filling quick.

Apr 28, 2008
Wow, all this time, and we never knew what they were really saying...

"Lets make applejuice and fax it to each other."

Priceless.

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
Ah, excellent. Nothing like hilarity to make one's day brighter. First snowfall here, too. Today is going well.

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
That's just great made me laugh out loud, i think it worked best with Data and Picard though.

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
meatloaf231 said:
Ah, excellent. Nothing like hilarity to make one's day brighter. First snowfall here, too. Today is going well.
It really is. By where I live its snowing too!

OT Its time to poo! priceless

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Abedeus said:
Holy wow. Now I know why they censored it and put some technobabble instead xD
When all else fails! Technobabble!

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Wow. That was... well, fantastic!

Actually made me laugh, so thumbs up to those guys! And to Susan for finding the vid!