The Escapist Content Coming to Boxee

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
The Escapist Content Coming to Boxee

The Escapist and Boxee team up to bring all your favorite videos from The Escapist to your big screen.

Boxee, developer of the first "social" media center, has just announced its premier partnership with The Escapist to bring all The Escapist videos directly to your TV or home network, free of charge.

Boxee plays media from your computer and other devices in your home network, as well as connect you to various Internet sources that allow you to stream or download movies, TV shows, music and photos. On Monday, December 7th, Boxee staff unveiled the Boxee Beta, which provides a massive upgrade to the software and adds a couple of features to make your viewing, searching and sharing pleasure even easier. Boxee also announced they will be launching their own Boxee Box [http://www.boxee.tv/box], which gives you access to movies and TV, in addition to more scholarly fare like university courses, panel discussions, academic lectures, presentations and more.

The Boxee Beta will be live to test at this year's here [http://www.cesweb.org/]. The Escapist Channel is only in the Beta at the moment, but if you sign up for the alpha now, you should be able to get a Beta invite. Within the next 4 weeks, Boxee will be giving out Beta invitations to those that sign up and then releasing the software upgrade to the alpha testers.

Bagaloo

Sep 17, 2008
Anyone else think of that girl from YouTube when they read this?
Certainly generated a "wtf" moment in my mind, until I remembered she was 'Boxxy' or something :p

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Thats great! I recall a member asking about this exact thing. I don't use it myself, but I'm glad the Escapist is expanding even more.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Good.....good....it is all going to plan.

THE WORLD SHALL BE OURS SOON COMRADES!!!

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
I saw this news over at TechSpot - it amused me somewhat to see The Escapist and Suicide Girls listed in the same sentence as new content providers, heh.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Step 2 is in progress now my fellow bretheren....soon this realm shall be ours.....

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
I already get it on the big screen. Well, when I can be bothered dusting off my PS3.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
Fragamoo said:
Certainly generated a "wtf" moment in my mind, until I remembered she was 'Boxxy' or something :p
hahaha i was pretty stoked when i clicked on the link, and then ended up pretty disappointed when i realized it wasn't her...

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Fragamoo said:
Sadly yes. A flicker of glee arouse in my otherwise blackened soul that boxxy would return, & then was extinguished forever as I read on

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Question is can people from the UK use this service? Ill need to check but if we can...sweeet~

Toty54

Jul 11, 2009
Aardvark said:
I already get it on the big screen. Well, when I can be bothered dusting off my PS3.
Same here, infact the escapist is on my television right now.