Alt+Escape: CutCopyPasteGnome

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Alt+Escape: CutCopyPasteGnome

When you're locked in the evil dungeon of the Dark Gnome Lord, it's time to put your Clipboard powers to good use.

Read Full Article

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Looks funny, cool, and enjoyable.
Gonna try it out real soon, just need to finish reading something.

lodo_bear

Nov 15, 2009
I'm on the first level, clicking and clicking, and nothing is happening. Where did I go wrong?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
lodo_bear said:
I'm on the first level, clicking and clicking, and nothing is happening. Where did I go wrong?
You can cut/copy/paste the gnome. ;)

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I cannot, for the life of me, beat that stupid level with the spikes. I think it's level 3 or 4 or something.
I find the copy and paste commands work only, like, a third of the time.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Baby Tea said:
I cannot, for the life of me, beat that stupid level with the spikes. I think it's level 3 or 4 or something.
That one was tough. I ended up just copying the gnome and sending an army of them in a line through the spikes. Eventually, one made it through.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Baby Tea said:
That one was tough. I ended up just copying the gnome and sending an army of them in a line through the spikes. Eventually, one made it through.
You know, I tried that...but I couldn't get the thing to copy and paste all the time. I was hitting 'paste' on ever little pixel by those freaking spikes, but the darned thing wouldn't paste! Maybe it just hates Chrome.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
lol! Took me ages to realize what to do on the first lvl... how depressing.

It's an intersting ideia. Really. But it's a little too slow... and the music doesn't help either.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
ok level 4. I cant copy the gnome and there is nothing in the button room but a torch. how do I press the button?

Edit: NM I got it *FACEPALM*

Kaisharga

Dec 5, 2007
This game has some really terrible design, but the idea behind it is neat. If only you could use ctrl-V/C/X, or if opening the menu paused the thing! Alas, it's completely goddamned unplayable on a laptop touchpad.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Great concept, terrible execution. So, good for a concept game, I guess. The whole right-clicking thing is just a gimming, since a simple click would be much easier.

stonethered

Mar 3, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
It's a cool game, but I'm stuck on the one where you get three enemies, and you can't C&P anyone...

EDIT: No, wait, I got it...

It was really annoying :mad:
Yeah, that happened to me too. I gave up, I can't seem to time it right. If only I had some sort of 'kill' ability. Or a wall of some sort.

Backerdem

Jan 16, 2009
Can't say this one's anything I'd praise. Forgetting the bad music/slow gameplay, a huge part of some levels is spamming paste...... and there's no shortcut for it. Right clicking then selecting paste 20 times fast made my hand numb-- there definitely needs to be some shortcuts...... like the ones that you, I don't know, use in windows everyday.

warbaloon

Aug 11, 2009
stuck on the level with 3 switches int he sky...i have an army of gnomes up there and its causing the game to lag, but the collision detection isn't normal so if the gnomes below so much as touch a wall even if they are on the other side of it they walk back...usually through the first wall...

silversun101

Nov 12, 2009
I can't make this game work. When I right click I just get the "settings" and "about adobe flash player" menu. There is no copy, paste, etc. What am I doing wrong?

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
stonethered said:
SirBryghtside said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
It's a cool game, but I'm stuck on the one where you get three enemies, and you can't C&P anyone...

EDIT: No, wait, I got it...

It was really annoying :mad:
Yeah, that happened to me too. I gave up, I can't seem to time it right. If only I had some sort of 'kill' ability. Or a wall of some sort.
There's a much simpler solution. If you can't bring the gnome to the exit....

Generator

May 8, 2009
silversun101 said:
I can't make this game work. When I right click I just get the "settings" and "about adobe flash player" menu. There is no copy, paste, etc. What am I doing wrong?
Do you have a Mac (or at least Safari as your browser)? I'm having the exact same problem.

Eudaemonian

Executor
Jan 22, 2008
Finicky controls ruined this for me. Trying to copy even stationary objects only seems to work about a third of the time, and I kept having a problem where things would get pasted onto the other side of the screen for no particular reason.