Dragon Age: Origins Coming to the Mac

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Dragon Age: Origins Coming to the Mac

TransGaming Inc. [http://www.bioware.com] have announced that the hit RPG Dragon Age: Origins will be coming to the Mac later this month.

Dragon Age: Origins has been widely praised since its release on November 3, earning high review scores and numerous awards including the RPG of the Year and PC Game of the Year titles at the 2009 Spike Video Game Awards [http://www.spike.com/event/vga2009]. One thing it has not been, however, is on the Mac, but that's an oversight that will soon be corrected thanks to the efforts of TransGaming Inc., best known for the Cedega and Cider software that allow PC games to be played on Mac and Linux-based systems.

"We are very excited to bring this award-winning title to the Mac community," said TransGaming President and CEO Vikas Gupta. "Our Cider technology allows us to rapidly enable and deploy high quality titles like Dragon Age, and we are pleased to be delivering this exceptional caliber of gaming to the ever growing Mac gaming community."

The Mac version of Dragon Age: Origins will be available as a digital download and will include The Stone Prisoner and Blood Dragon Armor DLC. A "Digital Deluxe" edition will also be released which will come with various wallpapers, bonus items, the Dragon Age: Origins soundtrack and the Warden's Keep DLC, a short adventure that gives players access to new armor, abilities, merchants and a storage chest.

Dragon Age: Origins for the Mac is scheduled for release on December 21 and will be available through several online retailers including Dragon Age: Origins website [http://www.gametreeonline.com/bioware/dragon-age/].

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Interesting. I don't own a Mac and have it for the 360, but this will help even more people enjoy this amazing game

hansari

May 31, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
an oversight that will soon be corrected thanks to the efforts of TransGaming Inc., best known for the Cedega and Cider software that allow PC games to be played on Mac and Linux-based systems.
That would be cool if you could play this on Linux. The list needs to grow. [http://rangit.com/software/top-8-linux-games-of-2007/]

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Wait... already?

They had to wait for Bioshock for like 2 years, but for this game they wait a little more than a month?
Is it really that good?
Yes, yes it is. I had to force myself to play something else or I'd probably be on my 4th trip through Dragon Age right now.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
TheNamlessGuy said:
They had to wait for Bioshock for like 2 years, but for this game they wait a little more than a month?
Is it really that good?
No, it's really not that good. It's not bad by any stretch, but it's nowhere near as great as most people make it out to be. It's basically Neverwinter Nights 3 without the D&D license.

Woem

May 28, 2009
So it isn't Baldur's Gate spiritual successor after all huh?

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Maybe they should finish fixing the pc version first >:|. I bought the Digital Deluxe PC version and my DLC refuses to install or... acknowledge that it even exists.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I showed this article to my friend...a Mac owner, and only ever owns Macs...Yeah, I think he may need new pants.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Deathkingo said:
Disaster Button said:
I haven't even bothered to finish the game for PC, I don't quite know why either.
Maybe because the game takes about 5 years to finish?
I meant, I'd stopped trying, got the the Dwarven Ally bit and just.. stopped.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Sweet. Another game, besides WarCraft III and Chess, for my Mac!

I already own it for X360, but if the graphics are on par with the PC version when it comes to Mac, I may just trade it in.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
FUCKYEAAAAAAAAAAH!

I'm sorry. I'm also not going to be able to buy it, as I'm 16 and my parents would throw a fucking fit (also I'd be ID'd and fail), but still!

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
Jaredin said:
I showed this article to my friend...a Mac owner, and only ever owns Macs...Yeah, I think he may need new pants.
Send him a pair, courtesy of me. This is great news!