179: Public Speaking with Nintendo

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
One thing I've found often with the DS is that it almost spurns traditional uses for its various functions. Although the touchscreen is often best used as a drawing surface, or writing, or perhaps clicking-and-dragging, it's just as often used to control a ship based on how you poke the screen, regardless of interaction with the objects in the game, or used to control an avatar with the actual design scheme is built - and suited - to the D-Pad control configuration.

On top of that, aside from Pokemon's online battle system, the microphone is not used to enable player-to-player communication. One would think functions like PictoChat and Mario Kart could benefit from player interaction, but instead are bypassed and used in obscure manners.

Although, using the DS as it is designed to be played in public is quite intriguing, and something I feel like more gamers could benefit from doing. The title is very appropriate, and while not entirely to-the-definition accurate, certainly encompasses the overall theme of the piece.

Ended somewhat abruptly though.

_Nocturnal

Nov 4, 2006
Jiahui Cai: Dearest lady, you are hereby pronounced my heroine!
A little time, a little more people like you and us DS gamers will soon be able to yell at machines freely on the mean streets of the world.