Leonard Nimoy Is in Star Trek Online

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Leonard Nimoy Is in Star Trek Online

The originator of the role of Spock, Leonard Nimoy, will lend his glorious vocal talents to Star Trek: Online.

Atari announced today that Nimoy's voice will be heard during the introduction to the game and during significant plot moments and events. It is unclear if he will be appearing as Spock, or as a nameless narrator. But with Zachary Quinto playing a separate role [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96873-New-Spock-to-Lend-Voice-To-Star-Trek-Online] in STO from his appearance as Spock in 2009's Star Trek movie, the role of Spock is open for the vocal stylings of Nimoy. STO launches on February 2nd.

"I am happy to be involved with Star Trek Online. In this game, the essence of Star Trek - exploration and adventure - lives long and prospers," said Nimoy, dutifully regurgitating all of the requisite catch phrases. "I'm pleased that a whole new generation of fans will be able to discover new frontiers in the Star Trek universe."

This announcement begs one question, who the fuck did William Shatner piss off? Why doesn't anybody in Hollywood pick a phone and call him to be in these kinds of things?

I mean, I know he's kind of a dick and he's off price negotiating somewhere, but since when is Spock the face of Trek? Kirk was always The Captain. He's way cooler than Spock ever was. And while Tambourine Man wasn't so hot, Shatner's cover of shaman [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXWEM4gZhg4] and is clearly endorsing a competitor.

Or it could just be some sort of master plan of Nimoy's to slowly replace Shatner [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTqrFrEwee8] in everything he does.

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
Please god don't tell me there tying it into the latest fil... ..wait, its a multiplayer only game so I can't give a flying fornication about it.

Go for it boys.

Coach Morrison

Jun 8, 2009
if i had to guess they chose him over shatener becuase most people who didnt grow up with it had heard more of spock than kirk (at least i did when i grew up) other than that i cant wait for the game.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Logic dictates that Nimoy is, in fact, better than Shatner.

Besides, we all know Picard is better than Kirk. All Kirk did was mess up, get fat and have sex. Picard actually led his crew with competency.

Razorback0z

Feb 10, 2009
Hmmm... I guess it could help a little. But when people see the Star Trek skins for Champions Online, they may not be so keen. Oh wait they are calling it a new game arnt they.... my bad.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
The Great JT said:

Besides, we all know Picard is better than Kirk. All Kirk did was mess up, get fat and have sex. Picard actually led his crew with competency.
Picard actually did have a few hiccups along the way, he didn't get fat but he did have sex.

I think more people died under Kirks' command than Picards' too.

My guess as to why Shatner wasn't involved for the same reason he wasn't in Star Trek 90210, he demanded that he be the central character with the plot centered around him.

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Three words.

Beep. Beep. Beep.
Yes, I research satellites as soon as possible just to hear Leonard Nimoy making beep noises.

It'd also be fun if they got Patrick Stewart on board too.

gregitaly

Mar 12, 2009
I just saw Mr. Spock sing about Bilbo Baggins.... I've officially spent to much time on the internet.

Ftaghn To You Too

Nov 25, 2009
The Great JT said:

BEGONE FOUL ONE, SPOUT YOUR HERESY ELSEWHERE!

My Inner Trekkie/er is tingling with this news. This or The Old Republic could replace WoW. You never know...

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
The Great JT said:

QFT.

Although you forgot fighting lizard men.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
Nimoy > Shatner.

The original cast doesn't want to work with William because he's apparently a dick.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Greg Tito said:
This announcement begs one question, who the fuck did William Shatner piss off? Why doesn't anybody in Hollywood pick a phone and call him to be in these kinds of things?
THE SHAT does show up sometimes on "The Tonight Show with Conan O' Brien" to recite Sarah Palin/twitter poetry.

Then again, Hollywood isn't apart of the same entity that is behind the Star Trek MMO...guess the video game industry just doesn't care...