Aliens vs. Predator Hunter Edition Confirmed

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Aliens vs. Predator Hunter Edition Confirmed

The Aliens vs. Predator Hunter Edition has been confirmed for release in North America, a sweet set that will include nothing less than a fully articulated Facehugger.

After initially announcing the AvP Hunter Edition for the European market, Sega has now revealed that the special edition of the game will also reach American shores. Not only that, it'll actually include just a little bit more than its European cousin. The Hunter Edition will come with four multiplayer maps (in advance of their release to the general public), a Weyland Yutani sleeve badge, a 3-D lenticular postcard and, as an extra, non-European bonus, a hardcover graphic novel featuring the original Dark Horse [http://www.darkhorse.com/] Aliens vs. Predator comic.

But you don't really care about that, do you? No, there's only one thing in this box that's going to convince people to pop some extra bucks for it and that's the Facehugger, "a fully articulated and disturbingly creepy model" of one of moviedom's most famously disgusting oviparians. The pièce de résistance of the package doesn't appear to be as large as the real thing, but it sure is ugly.

Of course, all that awesomeness doesn't come cheaply; Gamestop [http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=aliens%20vs%20predator] has the Aliens vs. Predator Hunter Edition listed for a cool hundred bucks, as opposed to $59.99 for the standard edition. And if you're a PC owner, you might want to brace yourself for disappointment: Both Sega and Gamestop currently have the Hunter Edition listed only for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Aliens vs. Predator is scheduled for release in February 2010.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I want it...I want it for the Facehugger! So many pranks I can use that for! Sit it on my desk and scare my manager away!

Helmet

Could use a beer about now...
May 14, 2008
Damn. And here I was hoping to save that extra $40...

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
I would buy it but if the Batman:AA special edition tought me anything, it's don't trust my want nerve.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Not for the PC edition? I could understand that with a general multi-platform series, but all previous AVP FPS's have been for the PC, that's a bit of a slap in the face for those fans.

I truly can't see the logic either, it's not like it costs any more to make.

Either way, I don't see myself buying the game any time soon. Too many other titles have my interest in the New Year.

Royas

Apr 25, 2008
I want it, but if it isn't available for the PC edition, they can shove it up their asses. I usually buy special editions, but I'll only buy shooters on the PC. Playing shooters with a controller sucks for me, I'm not going to spend $100 for a game I can't play well.

ghalkhsdkssakgh

Jul 16, 2009
I'm in the UK, I don't have a PS3 or Xbox, and I don't really care about the game. But DAMN I want that facehugger NOW!

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Facehugger eh? Remember when everyone got excited for the Batarang? Yeah, me too.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Woo hoo, more useless crap to put in a cupboard.

I just cant get enough useless crap.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Man, I couldn't sleep with one of those in my room. I'd be sticking with the normal version even if it was available for PC.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
I hope that make the box spring loaded so that when you open it that facehugger flies onto your face, that would be AWESOME!

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
The game and the graphic novel I'd want but the facehugger....keep that thing the hell away from me (seriously, I don't even want to see it, even that picture made me feel uneasy).

I would honestly punch someone if they came at me with it (although I would take the game afterwards, say thank you and appologise).