The Escapist Staff's Five Faves of 2009: Jordan

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
The Escapist Staff's Five Faves of 2009: Jordan

Features Editor Jordan Deam shares his five favorite games of 2009.

Read Full Article

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Modern Warfare 2 on the top...Well that DA 2 - MW 1.

Although glad to see I wasnt the only one who enjoyed Shadow Complex =D Great fun!

Amarok

Dec 13, 2008
Modern Warfare 2 is all well and good, but the blood on screen (or in the player's eyes?) looks like strawberry jam.

I cannot play that game for more than 10 minutes without needing jam.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Now I wanna play Shadow Complex again...but its just a trial since I'm disconnected from Live. Glad to see SC get some love. I downloaded it, and didn't stop playing until I beat it. Got the last few items for 100% the next morning.

Amarok said:
Modern Warfare 2 is all well and good, but the blood on screen (or in the player's eyes?) looks like strawberry jam.

I cannot play that game for more than 10 minutes without needing jam.

Someone say jam?

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Can't download Spelunky. Something may have crashed the download site.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
dragon age c-c-combo breaker, surprised to see smaller games, browser games at that on a favorite list, its either admirable or a sign that you're on work to much (and do very little work while there).

Hammith

Dec 26, 2008
Love Spelunky. Game's fricking hard to get used to, though. The randomness sometimes ads a horrible amount to the difficulty.

MW2 just bores me, though. Not sure why, but I think it's mostly due to the lack of anything really new to it, and the absence of dedicated servers for the PC meaning a distinct lack of community. Ah well, guess that means more TF2 for my shooter fix.

Patroclus

Sep 28, 2009
I've started playing spelunky because I'm a sucker for 8-bit graphics (they make me feel nostalgic), but I can't figure out how to open crates =/ *sigh* o' where can the open crate button be?

Otherwise, great list! I also loved Time Fcuk. That game was really addictive, but I had to stop playing because it really started to get inside my head and creep me out o_o

Mirrored Jigsaw

Feb 25, 2009
Time Fcuk was a great game. Eventually, I got a bit bored by it, then I noticed that I'd been playing for three hours.

ParadoxBG

Dec 24, 2009
I'm off to download Spelunky right now. I've just got this thing for retro-style platformers, especially free ones :D.

Pixel needs a new project...

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I'm surprised Arkham Asylum is underperforming in these.

DA:O is great fun though, thoroughly enjoying my first playthrough at the mo.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
miracleofsound said:
I'm surprised Arkham Asylum is underperforming in these.

DA:O is great fun though, thoroughly enjoying my first playthrough at the mo.
Some things to keep in mind:

1. Cutting lists down to five was haaaaard. Even if we really liked a game, it may have only just barely missed out.

2. Not everyone played everything. I may be wrong, but I don't think Jordan played Dragon Age, I didn't play Batman, Russ didn't play Assassin's Creed 2.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Must...remember... that it is their FAVOURITES... and as such opinions...

*Slaps self*

Anywho good list. I'm still waiting patiently for Dead space to download... at 972 bytes a second.

I wonder if AssCreed 2 will be on someones list :p

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Woo! Spelunky! I have to agree with it being one of the best games of the year. So. Much. Fun. And so many deaths, too...

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
It has a single-player campaign!? I never knew that, I was busy obsessing about achievements.